GEN 2 BOV Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hmgt3

hmgt3

Reaction score
Everyone I call regarding specific bov that's available all they say is it should work vs it 100% will work. I've called turbo smart direct and they advised not to use and to wait for the one they are currently working on for the raptor specific. Now I'm not saying that one won't work I'm reaching out to see if anyone specific has it on there raptor and can put me at ease so I can move forward on it as who knows how long it will be before this one will be. It's like the air intakes available majority of them are just for the f-150 eco boost vs this raptor gen 2. That's why there's only 1 brand maybe 2 that have a gen 2 raptor specific cold air intake. Roush I believe and the others I've seen are just for other F-150 but being used on raptor everything is still in for testing ect. I've installed borla S-type exhaust ,SPD adapters and have a 5 star tune coming but want to add the Bov and air intake just want to get some solid info before choosing.

This is the reply I got today from Turbosmart today
"We are redesigning our F150 BOV kit for the new models. It should be out in the coming months. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
hmgt3

hmgt3

Reaction score
Would appreciate help on this.
I installed the BOV today. Had to modify the MAP sensor adaptor so it would fit. Think I’m getting a good seal. However when I drove the truck it had zero boost and drove like crap, threw the following codes.
P0299
P0035
If anyone has any idea what can be causing this please chime in.

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score
Would appreciate help on this.
I installed the BOV today. Had to modify the MAP sensor adaptor so it would fit. Think I’m getting a good seal. However when I drove the truck it had zero boost and drove like crap, threw the following codes.
P0299
P0035
If anyone has any idea what can be causing this please chime in.

You did the turbo smart one that just goes into the ic? From those codes I would say its because you dont have the bov circuit cheater on there, or its not getting good connection. Plug the old bov in to the connector, ziptie it to something so it doesn't fall out, reset codes and see if that fixed it. Also not sure about the map adapter, the TIP sensor infront of the throttle body?

Sasquatch, always so helpful :)

OP
OP
hmgt3

hmgt3

Reaction score
You did the turbo smart one that just goes into the ic? From those codes I would say its because you dont have the bov circuit cheater on there, or its not getting good connection. Plug the old bov in to the connector, ziptie it to something so it doesn't fall out, reset codes and see if that fixed it. Also not sure about the map adapter, the TIP sensor infront of the throttle body?

Sasquatch, always so helpful :)

Thank you for help it seems it was indeed a bad connection on the circuit.
[emoji846]
Bov sounds very aggressive. Love it!!

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got some actual help ;-)

I'd be interested in this if it was a 1:1 replacement and not a zip tie affair.

OP
OP
hmgt3

hmgt3

Reaction score
Glad you got some actual help ;-)

I'd be interested in this if it was a 1:1 replacement and not a zip tie affair.

Thanks. I know what you mean. Looking forward to the raptor specific bov from Turbosmart.

King of cars

Reaction score
They claim it's in the works and worth waiting for vs putting one on that's not for this specific truck. When you ask them if the old eco boost one works they say they have no idea and there's one coming specific and to wait for it.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
That's a ton of stuff for a bov. Didn't see a price. Somebody get it and post a review of install and results