GEN 2 BOV Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had to make a new aluminum inter-cooler pipe to install it ( I own a fab shop just to let you know I'm not a home garage wizard lol )

I am running a Tial bov. My favorite one we have come across. We use it on everything.

TiAL Sport - TiAL Q 50mm

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

So I have been meaning to take pictures and video of mine but the shop has me too busy.

Here is a video I found of a 2014 ecoboost f150 with a tial just to give you an idea. ( Not my truck )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7ctVoHgbA

TiAL is what my buddy uses on his Skidoo Turbo....600+ horse on a sled, and he had an EVO IX with over 900 HP....in his 20s and knows the hell out of Turbos...so I recognized that name when you said it.

So stupid question...if you switch out the BPV for the TiAL BOV are we suffering from Turbo Lag by NOT having the intake Air recirculated through the intake vs. venting to Atmosphere?

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score
TiAL is what my buddy uses on his Skidoo Turbo....600+ horse on a sled, and he had an EVO IX with over 900 HP....in his 20s and knows the hell out of Turbos...so I recognized that name when you said it.

So stupid question...if you switch out the BPV for the TiAL BOV are we suffering from Turbo Lag by NOT having the intake Air recirculated through the intake vs. venting to Atmosphere?

Thats awesome!! I have an evo too, not quite as much horsepower haha but Its a road race car. We specialize in turbo kits at our shop so we have a lot of trial and error, learned a lot over the years.

So cars recirculate the bov for two reasons, to quiet down the sound ( most people for want their factory cars to make that much noise ) or if the car has a MAF sensor to read air. Most of the time the car meters the air going into the motor before the turbo, so if any air goes missing before it gets to the engine the computer freaks out ( eg. you dump it into the atmosphere ) so to avoid that, they dump it back into the intake before the turbo but after the MAF. The ecoboost motor doesn't meter air like that so its easy to convert to a VTA BOV. It really doesn't make any difference where the air goes as far as turbo lag goes however you can really minimize lag between shifts and throttle input by having the bov as close to the throttle plate as possible.

Also we love Tial because it is American made.... 'Merica

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MINT...sounds great. So no loss of drivability or worry about mud and $hit getting all over the BOV down there? I saw the video...looks like it's underneath everything, but above the skid plate on the driver's side?

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score
MINT...sounds great. So no loss of drivability or worry about mud and $hit getting all over the BOV down there? I saw the video...looks like it's underneath everything, but above the skid plate on the driver's side?

So no loss of driveability. However that video is of the fullrace charge pipe I'm pretty sure, and I really didn't like that design. When I made my pipe I was kinda worried about that, we put it as high is we could. Its really close to the throttle body, I'd say around the ford logo on the front as far as height.

King of cars

Reaction score
Turbo smart bov

Has anyone on here used the turbosmart bov on there raptor ? If so have you had any issues ? Turbo smart claims there working on a system specific for the new raptor now vs the one that's advertised for raptor and 2015 to 2016 eco boost F-150. Intrested to here from those who have experience with this. Pics or videos would be a bonus. Thanks for tips.

Attachments

• IMG_9764.jpg
    IMG_9764.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
OP
OP
hmgt3

hmgt3

Reaction score
Has anyone on here used the turbosmart bov on there raptor ? If so have you had any issues ? Turbo smart claims there working on a system specific for the new raptor now vs the one that's advertised for raptor and 2015 to 2016 eco boost F-150. Intrested to here from those who have experience with this. Pics or videos would be a bonus. Thanks for tips.

Hi. I've ordered this BOV. Still waiting on my truck though. Where did you read that Turbosmart is working on a Raptor specific BOV??
Plenty of vids on YouTube showing installation and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

King of cars

Reaction score
Everyone I call regarding specific bov that's available all they say is it should work vs it 100% will work. I've called turbo smart direct and they advised not to use and to wait for the one they are currently working on for the raptor specific. Now I'm not saying that one won't work I'm reaching out to see if anyone specific has it on there raptor and can put me at ease so I can move forward on it as who knows how long it will be before this one will be. It's like the air intakes available majority of them are just for the f-150 eco boost vs this raptor gen 2. That's why there's only 1 brand maybe 2 that have a gen 2 raptor specific cold air intake. Roush I believe and the others I've seen are just for other F-150 but being used on raptor everything is still in for testing ect. I've installed borla S-type exhaust ,SPD adapters and have a 5 star tune coming but want to add the Bov and air intake just want to get some solid info before choosing.