GEN 2 BOV Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought...so a BPV, b/c the extra boost is recirculated back to the intake tract, really doesn't "Make Noise" like a BOV...so if one were going for the "Cool Noise" you're probably wasting your time with this mod...

I know on my Ecoboost Mustang which has an upgraded (All Billet) BPV it makes no more noise when letting off the gas than when it was stock... (1/2 Plastic internals).

With the upgraded Waste gate actuator there is some flutter...which I believe is from that anyway lol...but it's not the WHOOOSH so many love ;-)

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought...so a BPV, b/c the extra boost is recirculated back to the intake tract, really doesn't "Make Noise" like a BOV...so if one were going for the "Cool Noise" you're probably wasting your time with this mod...

I know on my Ecoboost Mustang which has an upgraded (All Billet) BPV it makes no more noise when letting off the gas than when it was stock... (1/2 Plastic internals).

With the upgraded Waste gate actuator there is some flutter...which I believe is from that anyway lol...but it's not the WHOOOSH so many love ;-)
ADD has 2 options to go with the intercooler upgrade.. like $310ish extra for the addon from turbosmart bov

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score

So a recirculated or a bpv as you mentioned generally does make less noise then a vent to atmosphere bov. If you run an aftermarket filter you can still hear a recirculated one quite well. They are the same part, doing the same job, difference is where they send the air.

The turbosmart one is vent to atmosphere, so it changes the factory configuration. Will make a much more noticeable sound.

I really gotta post a video of mine

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a recirculated or a bpv as you mentioned generally does make less noise then a vent to atmosphere bov. If you run an aftermarket filter you can still hear a recirculated one quite well. They are the same part, doing the same job, difference is where they send the air.

The turbosmart one is vent to atmosphere, so it changes the factory configuration. Will make a much more noticeable sound.

Maybe post links of what you purchased and installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah definitely post a link. I am 44...JUST Got into Turbos in 2011 on snowmobiles...then got a 15 Ecoboost Mustang for a toy last fall...and now I have this Beast...so I am learning as I go...but I definitely LIKE the BOV noise ha ha...but on my Mustang we kept it quiet...I am open to different things on the Raptor.

NewMetaRacing

Reaction score
Maybe post links of what you purchased and installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I had to make a new aluminum inter-cooler pipe to install it ( I own a fab shop just to let you know I'm not a home garage wizard lol )

I am running a Tial bov. My favorite one we have come across. We use it on everything.

TiAL Sport - TiAL Q 50mm

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Yeah definitely post a link. I am 44...JUST Got into Turbos in 2011 on snowmobiles...then got a 15 Ecoboost Mustang for a toy last fall...and now I have this Beast...so I am learning as I go...but I definitely LIKE the BOV noise ha ha...but on my Mustang we kept it quiet...I am open to different things on the Raptor.

So I have been meaning to take pictures and video of mine but the shop has me too busy.

Here is a video I found of a 2014 ecoboost f150 with a tial just to give you an idea. ( Not my truck )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7ctVoHgbA