Borla S Type VS Borla ATAK system? Any members have em?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been debating maybe an exhaust as my next mod. I know it wont give me any power but the sound is def way better than stock. I don't want something too loud that is why Im leaning towards the S Type vs the ATAK. Any guys on here run these? What about warranty issues? will it void any warranty other than exhaust side? I wanna run this with a TIAL Q BLOW OFF VALVE since I think it sounds good as an entire package.

Thanks

Kamil

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just posted on your build thread, but I have the ATAK system and it is VERY loud. Not a crazy amount of drone, but very loud when you get on it. Also cold start is very loud as well, I don't live close to my neighbors, but am still afraid I'm waking them up in the morning :ROFLJest:

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are worried about it being too loud I think the S is the way to go. It still has a deep tone and is fairly loud. Message me if you would like a quote with your FRF discount!

Notn41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are worried about it being too loud I think the S is the way to go. It still has a deep tone and is fairly loud. Message me if you would like a quote with your FRF discount!

Agreed. The Atak system is extremely aggressive. I had it on my C6Z z06 and it screamed. On the truck not sure if that would sound right.

Gawl128

Reaction score
I have the ATAK system, and love it. I was sooo worried it would be too loud. No way. It's perfect.
Load when you want it. Silent when you need it to be.

Sounds amazing. Bottom line - I think it makes the truck!

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gawl128 how is the drone?. You replaced just the mufflers correct?

OnesJMU

Reaction score
I have the ATAK and absolutely love it. I've got two kids (4 and 2 y.o) and a wife and they love it too. When you want it to be loud it's loud and when you want it to be quiet it's quiet.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

No drone, the ATAK is amazing and Borla did a great job to prevent drone at any rpm level/

EcoRaptor13

Reaction score
I have the ATAK and absolutely love it. I've got two kids (4 and 2 y.o) and a wife and they love it too. When you want it to be loud it's loud and when you want it to be quiet it's quiet.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

No drone, the ATAK is amazing and Borla did a great job to prevent drone at any rpm level/

Well, you SOLD ME!!

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Onesjmu, did you just replace the mufflers? I like the factory tips, even though they are a pain to keep clean,lol.