Borla S type + Kooks dp + Spd turbo Adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t bother me. I’m starting to get used to the set up. To each his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry off topic. Are those Icon wheels you are running in your exhaust video? They look good!
Can you feel a performance difference with the kooks down pipes?

OP
OP
A

awc557

Reaction score
Sorry off topic. Are those Icon wheels you are running in your exhaust video? They look good!

Can you feel a performance difference with the kooks down pipes?

Wheel are from RRW, love them.

Performance wise I feel like the truck can breath better, more turbo noise is present.

I have no idea data wise..

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got everything put in in my truck

afe cai
Borla s type catback
spd turbo adapters
kooks green catted dps

The truck is Extremely loud at full throttle...
at idle sounds great, put when you put the pedal down is screams. Im still on the fence about it.

I am not running a tune, I am getting a check engine light with the kooks green catted downpipes.

Wanted to share this with anybody thinking about this set up
https://youtu.be/M_EwvAtUDCU

Do you still have the CEL?

OP
OP
A

awc557

Reaction score
Do you still have the CEL?

Still have the cel showing. I’ve got spd 02 extenders on the way.

I also have a mpt tune coming, from my understanding they won’t fix cel with their tune.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also have a mpt tune coming, from my understanding they won’t fix cel with their tune.

Thanks. Let us know if that clears the CEL.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did the o2 extended work? What coolant temps are you running after the install of everything? I installed an AFE intake, turbo adapters, Kooks catted DP, and a set of the SP 542 plugs and my temp gauge has gone up. Used to stay around 200, yesterday it went as high as 220. Ran constant around 210-212.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck sounds mean!! My HOA in Houston would burn my house down if I ran something that loud LOL. Ill have to live through others

OP
OP
A

awc557

Reaction score
Did the o2 extended work? What coolant temps are you running after the install of everything? I installed an AFE intake, turbo adapters, Kooks catted DP, and a set of the SP 542 plugs and my temp gauge has gone up. Used to stay around 200, yesterday it went as high as 220. Ran constant around 210-212.

This is prob a stupid question.. were do you find temp gauge read out with specific degrees.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is prob a stupid question.. were do you find temp gauge read out with specific degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Oh I changed that in forscan. Forgot to mention that. Did the extenders work? Got the 0420/0430 code today. Had the Vibrant j style extenders but they would not fit. So I sent them back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

awc557

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Oh I changed that in forscan. Forgot to mention that. Did the extenders work? Got the 0420/0430 code today. Had the Vibrant extenders but they would not fit. So I sent them back.

The extenders I picked up are from rpg. They look similar to the vibrant once. Im thinking they may not fit either then.

I have not installed them yet.