Borla Install Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a local shop install the Borla ATAK kit for me today. When I picked up the truck, the right exhaust tip was touching the bottom of the bumper. The left side was spaced about 1/3-1/2" from the bottom of the bumper. I told him that they both should have similar spacing, and the guy said they noticed it, but couldn't get it to move down. He said I could probably torque on it and bend the bracket a little bit, so at that point I decided I'd rather not have them put my truck back on their lift and cause any larger issues.

Any pointers on adjustments that I need to make in order to line up the tailpipes would be appreciated.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s all mounted in rubber hangers.

Ya gotta massage it into place.

Don’t go breaking it... as in... if you aren’t comfortable working on your truck..

Take it to a reputable muffler shop. 50-100 bucks tops.

I had a local shop install the Borla ATAK kit for me today. When I picked up the truck, the right exhaust tip was touching the bottom of the bumper. The left side was spaced about 1/3-1/2" from the bottom of the bumper. I told him that they both should have similar spacing, and the guy said they noticed it, but couldn't get it to move down. He said I could probably torque on it and bend the bracket a little bit, so at that point I decided I'd rather not have them put my truck back on their lift and cause any larger issues.

Any pointers on adjustments that I need to make in order to line up the tailpipes would be appreciated.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recall seeing in a video that there is some adjustments that can be made. There are rubber isolaters yes, but some brackets in that area also. They might have to be loosened up and moved arfound and retightened.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The exhaust tips mount to the truck with 2 bolts per tip into a rubber assembly and have adjustability. Loosen them a bit, adjust the tips to where you're comfortable, tighten, and then check spacing. You may have to go up on one and/or down on the other to get it perfect, but they are adjustable.