Boost gauge on 801a

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dmak9150

Reaction score
Anybody going to add a boost gauge on there 801a truck. Looking at the raxium vent gauge that connects to the obd2

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody going to add a boost gauge on there 801a truck. Looking at the raxium vent gauge that connects to the obd2

I have boost gauge from my 2011 EB f150 I will install. Probably just in a pod on the dash, unless a better mount come out.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's wrong with the one in the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it most likely wont read properly when the boost is increased as you will be out of its range. Also, its pretty vague at how much psi youre at unless you use forscan to show the digits

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

801a doesnt have it in the cluster. Didnt find that out till i picked it up

Oh shit, I did not know this, glad I already have a gauge.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
it most likely wont read properly when the boost is increased as you will be out of its range. Also, its pretty vague at how much psi youre at unless you use forscan to show the digits

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Oh shit, I did not know this, glad I already have a gauge.

True... guess I'm not planning on pushing it soon lol. That's ******** if 801 doesn't come with that. It's not a damn luxury it's something needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should note, it was a pain in the ass to install. I grabbed a vac line of the intake manifold, and I picked one with a checkvalve so it only read vac. Tried again and it only read boost. Tried a third time and finally got a free flowing line to tap for the gauge, but it was a large line so I had to use reducers for my tee. Pick a good known source for intake manifold reference!

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had an Autometer A-pillar gauge pod in my Tremor.

SAM_0203_zps0580ecd9.jpg