Blown engine?! Flying ford rep in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have a 2018 Raptor 5300 miles blown motor friday, low oil pressure light came on pulled over checked oil level and less than a quart low. Hope they resolve quickly. My first Ford purchase but will give them a chance to resolve. I know nothing nor none of us are perfect, I will reserve my opinion until next week when I get answers and find out if I get a loaner.

1st post too. Welcome? That does suck. Any weird warning signs prior to the failure?

UKdragon

Reaction score
AS title reads, the 18 Raptor with 5100 miles on odometer hesitated on take off oil pressure gauge went to zero, made a cling clang sound and died on side of hwy.
I phoned Ford customer care and they had a roll back dispatched within 30 minutes and hauled to Ford dealership.
Ford Dealer called me and said engine appears to have a hole in the block, Ford instructed them to start tearing engine down and they are flying in one of there gurus in to diagnose and investigate what the heck happened.. The service manager told me that Ford seemed very concerned and acted like this was a RARE occasion..
Has anyone else heard of engine failure on these new Raptors?.. I will keep you posted..

View attachment 97861
Yes, my 2018 Raptor with 61K miles has a blown engine. No word back from Ford over this issue. 1000 miles over powertrain warranty!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, my 2018 Raptor with 61K miles has a blown engine. No word back from Ford over this issue. 1000 miles over powertrain warranty!
Welcome to the place, that sucks, is the dealer trying to get it covered under warranty? How did it blow?

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
First off, I’m reporting those Wheels snd Tires to the Forum Administration! That’s just not right…( No Offense :Big Laugh:)
In relation to the engine failure. My sons 2010 V6 Mustang had a cracked block at 80k miles. The Slow Lube folks caught it on the 80k service. ESP covered it after requesting the Life History of it. Took them 2weeks to authorize, checking for any mods, headers, Tune etc. They covered it. I Always buy the 8yr/ 150k.
paid for itself on several of my many Ford’s :)