Blown engine?! Flying ford rep in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, for the 100,000,000th time, do you have a link to the failure rate on these?

Yes, failures have been alarmingly regular in the ecoboost. This is why I went 6.2... happy with my slow dinosaur that runs like a champ with no "normal" problems.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've relayed my experience before. In a nutshell, 2015 F-150 with the 3.5EB threw a rod, hole in block, Ford replaced the engine. It was tuned, but my dealer put it through warranty anyway.

My brother is still driving the exact same model of truck and has never had any issues. His is also tuned and has more miles on it than mine did when it blew.

I don't say this to bash Ford or the EB engine. I now drive a 2018 Raptor that I love.

Good luck and I will be interested to hear how it turns out for you.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AS title reads, the 18 Raptor with 5100 miles on odometer hesitated on take off oil pressure gauge went to zero, made a cling clang sound and died on side of hwy.
I phoned Ford customer care and they had a roll back dispatched within 30 minutes and hauled to Ford dealership.
Ford Dealer called me and said engine appears to have a hole in the block, Ford instructed them to start tearing engine down and they are flying in one of there gurus in to diagnose and investigate what the heck happened.. The service manager told me that Ford seemed very concerned and acted like this was a RARE occasion..
Has anyone else heard of engine failure on these new Raptors?.. I will keep you posted..

i think it committed suicide after you put those wheels on ......

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, failures have been alarmingly regular in the ecoboost. This is why I went 6.2... happy with my slow dinosaur that runs like a champ with no "normal" problems.

Then why did my 2013 6.2 with 42k miles die on the highway and ford have to replace the entire short block? All motors can have issues. Some more than others. My last two 6.2’s had no issues so who knows. Ford said they didn’t know other than cylinder 3 and 4 had bearing failure that seized the crank. Needless to say I’m happy with my 2018 so far.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
poopoo boost occasionally burns oil and blows up sometimes why are u guys acting surprised lol

Don’t you have an autistic kid to pick on?

Damn, you are having a bad week. First you out yourself as a bigoted a$$hole who hates disabled kids, now you troll here looking to divert attention from your failed attempt at humor by blaming an autistic kid for vandalizing your truck.

sub human oxygen thieves like you give the human race a bad reputation.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dunno, don’t care . The manager said they might replace the block or some shit.

What the dealer most likely said was that in certain circumstances they may replace the "short block" only (engine block, crank, rods, pistons) or in other circumstances they may replace the "long block" ("short block" plus heads, cams, valvetrain, water/oil pump, etc.)

If they just replaced the short block they would swap the rest of the parts over from your current motor.

But with the age of your truck and the low miles, it is far more likely they will do a complete engine swap.

Oiling issues do seem to be taking out a lot of Ecobost motors lately. But I'm sure Ford will make this right.

Good luck.