Available Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I attempted the install on jackstands, but the studs arent coming out without a torch and the exhaust isnt coming out without a lift, so I buttoned it back up. hopefully will have a friend help me install them this weekend.

They are fairly easy to get to, but without a torch and an extra hand, the studs arent budging, even with only like 300 miles on them.

Wow. That sounds like a fun. Good luck!

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted the install on jackstands, but the studs arent coming out without a torch and the exhaust isnt coming out without a lift, so I buttoned it back up. hopefully will have a friend help me install them this weekend.

They are fairly easy to get to, but without a torch and an extra hand, the studs arent budging, even with only like 300 miles on them.

Did you do it yet? If so, how long did you have to heat it up for before they broke loose? I'm either going to do them myself, or have a local shop that I trust do it. But I want to tell them how long they'll have to apply heat to it.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you do it yet? If so, how long did you have to heat it up for before they broke loose? I'm either going to do them myself, or have a local shop that I trust do it. But I want to tell them how long they'll have to apply heat to it.

I made a thread here:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/i-installed-spd-exhaust-adapter-weekend-myself-53901/

with a proper oxy/acetylene torch you dont need to hold it long to get it cherry.

With a wekaer torch like a handheld mapp gas torch, you have to hold the torch there so long to get it hot enough, you will heat the shit out of everything surrounding it.

It is similar to soldering where intense short term heat is much better than longer mild heat.

You really cant do this with a hand held propane or even mapp gas torch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HP Tuners announced last week that they now have a TCM (trans tune)

"HP Tuners with Cesar Gonzalez Aguilar.Like Page
March 30 at 12:49pm
Here at HP Tuners, Thursdays aren't for #Throwbacks, they're just another day of innovation, performance, and technology...so without further ado, we're excited to announce that VCM Suite is now the FIRST software to offer FULL tuning support for the Ford Motor Company 10R 10-speed transmission in the 2017+ Ford F150 and Ford F-150 SVT Raptor!!!

For more details, please visit: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/show...-10R-Ten-Speed-Transmission-TCM-Now-Supported

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here at HP Tuners, Thursdays aren't for #Throwbacks, they're just another day of innovation, performance, and technology...so without further ado, we're excited to announce that VCM Suite is now the FIRST software to offer FULL tuning support for the Ford Motor Company 10R 10-speed transmission in the 2017+ Ford F150 and Ford F-150 SVT Raptor!!!

For more details, please visit: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/show...-10R-Ten-Speed-Transmission-TCM-Now-Supported
Holy shit... 8 credits to tune a '17+ Raptor?? Best case, that's damn near $250 just in software licensing (right at $400, worst case). Geez.

Save the preaching, I understand that there's a TON of work involved... I'm just sayin'.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My transmission currently skips 2nd and 4th gear in "Normal" mode unless I am really getting on it. Can I use this tune to make the truck use all gears in "Normal" mode? If so, how hard is it make that happen? How hard is it to revert back to stock if the truck needs servicing at the dealership? Hopefully those aren't the dumbest questions in the world.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To clarify, I'm just corralling info I find regarding Tuners/Updates posted on forums and fb... Specific tune Q's would go to them directly.

Once the tuners begin offering these to consumers via handhald flashers, you can revert back to stock anytime yourself. Not really sure why you would want it to row through all the gears if not on the throttle hard, but i'd assume it is doable. Gen1 tuners were able to raise/lower rpm shift points, diff rpm kickdowns, etc.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My transmission currently skips 2nd and 4th gear in "Normal" mode unless I am really getting on it. Can I use this tune to make the truck use all gears in "Normal" mode? If so, how hard is it make that happen? How hard is it to revert back to stock if the truck needs servicing at the dealership? Hopefully those aren't the dumbest questions in the world.

If you want it to not skip gears get into the pedal more or use sport mode. The reason is skips gears is to keep the RPMs as low as possible for the best gas mileage thats what normal mode is specifically for. Drive around in sport mode if you want the transmission to skip less gears.

You dont want a 10 speed transmission to constantly shift through each gear, thats going to create a lot of extra heat and wear.

mhanna77

Reaction score
Not sure if this is crazy or not, but I have been driving around in Tow/Haul mode lately and like it quit a bit. It hits every gear, holds the revs just a bit longer and does nice downshifts, seems like a nice setting in between normal and sport, like a sport and sport plus option.