Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's not throwing codes but how can we be absolutely sure this isn't also disconnecting something else?

Great find, by far the easiest way to disable it.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious if unplugging this is better than the FORScan method I am currently using? I have been happy withe the FORScan method but like with this I am not exactly sure if it's doing anything else I should know about.

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess time will tell it's been a day and no problems so far

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, but if the vehicle is overcharging the battery because you've fooled the ECU into thinking there's a load on the battery that's not there you wouldn't notice it right away. It would just slowly decrease your battery life. Not sure this is what's happening, but there was enough doubt in my mind to just go with the switch jumper.

Look at the battery voltage when the truck is running. If it is under 15 it's not overcharging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, everything is beefed up to take the extra starts and stop. This isnt new tech so its pretty well figured out at this point.

No additional wear on the engine just because it's up to operating temperature but i guarantee your starter will wear out 30x quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for all those looking for a easy way to disable auto start/stop...There is a white plastic plug in for conectors under the dash just above your left foot with 2 conectors plugged into it all you have to do is unplug the smaller bottom one...this will disable auto start/stop there will be no other issues or codes from doing this except if you hook up to a trailer plug it back in or you won't have brake or turn signal lights, but when hooked to a trailer the auto start/stop is disabled anyway.

IMG_5515.jpg

On my truck the auto start/stop would not work even with all the peramiters correct for it to function so Ford spent all day trying to figure it out and why when I hook up to either of my trailers I have no brake or turn signal lights. They found the problem this connector in the picture (small one at the bottom) the conector from the factory had 2 of the pins incorectly pushed to far in and no longer conected so the Tech said if you want to disable auto start/stop without causing any problems just to un plug it but plug back in for trailer towing.

I did this, worked great. By far easiest solution, no jumper wires or software programming. Excellent find.