Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by a guy who seemed fairly smart that the FORScan disable is simply turning on/off that function much like it does auto-fold mirrors or DRL's.... it's not fooling the system into thinking that something needs the engine running so that made me feel good.

What message do you see if you go to auto/stop start in the dash menu? Mine says "deactivated by the driver" because of the switch jumper. I was told the FORScan method said something about the battery charging. Heard someone suggest it was fooling the truck into thinking the subwoofer was installed and I guess in use.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ your welcome to check out my truck...anytime
front parking lights set as DRL's > no low beam
mirror spots operable @ any speed
front windows up/down w/fob

I'm not doubting those mods. Mine has the same ones, except the spots(because it requires modifying the wiring and I don't see the point), and are all available in Forscan. I'm simply saying you can not change the default driving mode. Post a video of the ICS while you start the vehicle and it being in Sport on startup and I'll eat my words otherwise ****.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

What message do you see if you go to auto/stop start in the dash menu? Mine says "deactivated by the driver" because of the switch jumper. I was told the FORScan method said something about the battery charging. Heard someone suggest it was fooling the truck into thinking the subwoofer was installed and I guess in use.

I did the Forscan on mine and it says deactivated battery charging. My understanding is that this is the same module they change when they add the Kicker sub package.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just took mine around the block (FORScan disabled Auto Start/Stop Truck). If you go under the Trip/Fuel menu in to the Auto StartStop it does indeed say 'Engine On due to Vehicle Charging'. Additionally the AutoStart logo has a slash through it in gray above the odometer a all times the engine would normally have shut off.

I drive in the Digital Speedometer mode so the only thing I see in normal driving is the logo with the slash at red nights above my odometer.

I am still VERY pleased with this change and have seen nothing negative as a side effect (1600 miles and 3 weeks since programed)

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took mine around the block (FORScan disabled Auto Start/Stop Truck). If you go under the Trip/Fuel menu in to the Auto StartStop it does indeed say 'Engine On due to Vehicle Charging'. Additionally the AutoStart logo has a slash through it in gray above the odometer a all times the engine would normally have shut off.

I drive in the Digital Speedometer mode so the only thing I see in normal driving is the logo with the slash at red nights above my odometer.

I am still VERY pleased with this change and have seen nothing negative as a side effect (1600 miles and 3 weeks since programed)

I hear what you're saying, but if the vehicle is overcharging the battery because you've fooled the ECU into thinking there's a load on the battery that's not there you wouldn't notice it right away. It would just slowly decrease your battery life. Not sure this is what's happening, but there was enough doubt in my mind to just go with the switch jumper.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, but if the vehicle is overcharging the battery because you've fooled the ECU into thinking there's a load on the battery that's not there you wouldn't notice it right away. It would just slowly decrease your battery life. Not sure this is what's happening, but there was enough doubt in my mind to just go with the switch jumper.

The battery is charged by the alternator. The voltage regulator controls that. This is just the message it displays . It is not actually charging the battery (unless of course the battery is infact low). There is no risk here.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will buy 3 batteries a year before I deal with Auto Start/Stop. I don't like the button having the amber 'off' illuminated either. Only time will tell I suppose. Either way it can't be any harder on the battery or system I assume than the Auto Start/Stop working. Can't imagine 50 start/stops a day working out well...

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could one just use something like a wire tap and achieve the same effect without a jumper?

2320525dd17049047e8990f1ff143eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will buy 3 batteries a year before I deal with Auto Start/Stop. I don't like the button having the amber 'off' illuminated either. Only time will tell I suppose. Either way it can't be any harder on the battery or system I assume than the Auto Start/Stop working. Can't imagine 50 start/stops a day working out well...

Good point.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
So for all those looking for a easy way to disable auto start/stop...There is a white plastic plug in for conectors under the dash just above your left foot with 2 conectors plugged into it all you have to do is unplug the smaller bottom one...this will disable auto start/stop there will be no other issues or codes from doing this except if you hook up to a trailer plug it back in or you won't have brake or turn signal lights, but when hooked to a trailer the auto start/stop is disabled anyway.

IMG_5515.jpg

On my truck the auto start/stop would not work even with all the peramiters correct for it to function so Ford spent all day trying to figure it out and why when I hook up to either of my trailers I have no brake or turn signal lights. They found the problem this connector in the picture (small one at the bottom) the conector from the factory had 2 of the pins incorectly pushed to far in and no longer conected so the Tech said if you want to disable auto start/stop without causing any problems just to un plug it but plug back in for trailer towing.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for all those looking for a easy way to disable auto start/stop...There is a white plastic plug in for conectors under the dash just above your left foot with 2 conectors plugged into it all you have to do is unplug the smaller bottom one...this will disable auto start/stop there will be no other issues or codes from doing this except if you hook up to a trailer plug it back in or you won't have brake or turn signal lights, but when hooked to a trailer the auto start/stop is disabled anyway.

IMG_5515.jpg

On my truck the auto start/stop would not work even with all the peramiters correct for it to function so Ford spent all day trying to figure it out and why when I hook up to either of my trailers I have no brake or turn signal lights. They found the problem this connector in the picture (small one at the bottom) the conector from the factory had 2 of the pins incorectly pushed to far in and no longer conected so the Tech said if you want to disable auto start/stop without causing any problems just to un plug it but plug back in for trailer towing.

Excellent !!!' Thanks for the info[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk