Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elite_KG

Reaction score
I did the jumper wire behind the switch and it works for one starting cycle and then locks the start/stop on. You cannot even manually disable it by pushing the button. Remove the jumper, cycle the ignition and everything goes back to normal. Tested this twice just to make sure I didn't mess up. I will just continue to push the button as part of start up. Not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I originally had the same or a very similar issue. I attributed it to a bad connection. Finally, i just put the jumper in one last time and left it. It cycled through fine each time I drove it. Not sure if there is a sequencing issue.

I would just connect it woth the ignition off, start one time and verify auto/start/stop remains off.

Mine has worked flawlessly since I made the kast connection with the ignition off.

Good luck!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jet or others,

How long have you had it off this way? Seeing any side effects?

I have had it about 2 weeks (1500 miles... road trips galore) and ZERO side effects. VERY happy with it.

I also have my parking lights on as DRL's which is my second favorite change.

racerjb

Reaction score
sooo pleased after this mod...I found the auto stop actually dangerous. I came to stop a couple times and it shut off, then pulled out in front of high speed traffic and the delay of the auto start sucked.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works great

I did this. Works great. Several threads floating around with the various methods. This one and the FORScan one seem to be the most popular. I went with this method because the warning message that comes on when you do the FORScan method is concerning (something like "auto stop/start disabled because battery charging"). Probably nothing, but this seemed more straightforward to me. I would not take it out to go to the dealer because I see no need.

I did mine this way from day one and have had no problems, also I did put a small zip tie on one wire to hold it so it cant come loose.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told by a guy who seemed fairly smart that the FORScan disable is simply turning on/off that function much like it does auto-fold mirrors or DRL's.... it's not fooling the system into thinking that something needs the engine running so that made me feel good.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
SPORT programmed to default mode negating auto stop/start