Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the jumper wire behind the switch and it works for one starting cycle and then locks the start/stop on. You cannot even manually disable it by pushing the button. Remove the jumper, cycle the ignition and everything goes back to normal. Tested this twice just to make sure I didn't mess up. I will just continue to push the button as part of start up. Not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's very interesting. I'd love to know if anyone else here had success or failure with this. I was planning on doing the jumper. I can't deal with this feature, drives me crazy.

Does it attach to the battery via a separate cable? That's how it is on my wife's car. If you unhook the wire from the battery, it's permanently off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earlier on, I wasn't overly inconvenienced by the stop/start, it was pretty seamless and in the end was going to potentially waste less gas. After a month now, i see how often that starter gets used. Yes i'm under warranty , but being on runs 16hrs from home in the middle of nowhere, ill have more confidence in my truck starting each day if i eliminate the 40+ auto stop/starts per day

I did the jumper wire behind the switch and it works for one starting cycle and then locks the start/stop on. You cannot even manually disable it by pushing the button. Remove the jumper, cycle the ignition and everything goes back to normal. Tested this twice just to make sure I didn't mess up. I will just continue to push the button as part of start up. Not that big of a deal.

Id recheck your wiring, otherwise it defeats the purpose of doing the jumper if you have to press each startup.

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id recheck your wiring, otherwise it defeats the purpose of doing the jumper if you have to press each startup.

I checked twice against the video wire colors and ran start cycles many times as well. Obviously I must be doing something different than others here that the mod is working successfully on. I did not break out the meter and start checking resistance. If am really serious about it and I have nothing better to do I will work on it again.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't having a 'trailer connected' using this method disable backup sensors and camera?

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody out there do this? and is it working for you? shouldn't matter when taking it in for service at the dealer but do you remove it before service appointment? or is there a better option out there? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0dQEUg9VQ

I did this. Works great. Several threads floating around with the various methods. This one and the FORScan one seem to be the most popular. I went with this method because the warning message that comes on when you do the FORScan method is concerning (something like "auto stop/start disabled because battery charging"). Probably nothing, but this seemed more straightforward to me. I would not take it out to go to the dealer because I see no need.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this. Works great. Several threads floating around with the various methods. This one and the FORScan one seem to be the most popular. I went with this method because the warning message that comes on when you do the FORScan method is concerning (something like "auto stop/start disabled because battery charging"). Probably nothing, but this seemed more straightforward to me. I would not take it out to go to the dealer because I see no need.

Thanks Photoneffect. This is what I will do.