Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

This is a discussion on Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by ccso285 I get in and put truck in Sport mode, the start/stop is disabled in Sport mode ...

User Tag List

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ccso285 View Post
I get in and put truck in Sport mode, the start/stop is disabled in Sport mode automatically. No need to push the button. I only wish I could default to the Sport mode setting upon starting.
This is what I was thinking Forescan might be able to do? Just leave it in Sporty.

shelteredraptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Haven't gotten my raptor yet so sorry for being the new guy.... If you shut down the truck in Sport Mode does it restart in sport mode or default back to normal?

THESE RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
JetDriver480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Originally Posted by JetDriver480 View Post
Haven't gotten my raptor yet so sorry for being the new guy.... If you shut down the truck in Sport Mode does it restart in sport mode or default back to normal?
Sport mode does not survive the ignition cycle. the transfer case setting does survive the ignition cycle, but gets changed when you select a different drive mode.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I don't see why people have an issue with it to be honest? It starts the second your foot starts to come off the brake and in sport mode it's disabled.
weezy, hkguns and dude1782 like this.

2017 Satin Black SCREW, xpel stealth, dual 6" rigid SR, dual Rigid SAE, 30" Amber rigid radiance, 3 sets of rigid pods in bumpers, tuffy security box, folding bed extender, retrax bed cover, spd turbo adapter, cadillac 4 note horns, rappy graphics, forscan mods, all the bells and whistles except for graphics package and interior accent packages.
hewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:37 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Does the Start/Stop cause more wear and tear on the engine... just thinking logically I would assume so.
SOAKINRED likes this.

THESE RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
JetDriver480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by JetDriver480 View Post
Does the Start/Stop cause more wear and tear on the engine... just thinking logically I would assume so.
No, everything is beefed up to take the extra starts and stop. This isnt new tech so its pretty well figured out at this point.
weezy and JetDriver480 like this.
ZaneMasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I did the jumper wire behind the switch and it works for one starting cycle and then locks the start/stop on. You cannot even manually disable it by pushing the button. Remove the jumper, cycle the ignition and everything goes back to normal. Tested this twice just to make sure I didn't mess up. I will just continue to push the button as part of start up. Not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Save our trails!
Bark beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ford says Start/Stop will be standard on all vehicles in their lineup in a couple years. I figure, might as well get used to it.

The jumper wire behind the switch is pretty slick though; that's how I would do it.
SOAKINRED likes this.
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube
I have no issue either auto start stop. As far as I can tell it works extremely well and is pretty much invisible.

It doesn't even activate in sport mode, so it is hard to understand why people are clamoring so hard to defeat it.

That said, dang does it try hard to get into 10th gear and stay there in normal mode. I think it is running around 1000 RPM in city driving.
hkguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
I have no issue either auto start stop. As far as I can tell it works extremely well and is pretty much invisible.

It doesn't even activate in sport mode, so it is hard to understand why people are clamoring so hard to defeat it.

That said, dang does it try hard to get into 10th gear and stay there in normal mode. I think it is running around 1000 RPM in city driving.
I’m fine with it most times now too, in fact, I actually like it at some of our long lights. Where I don’t like it is stop and go traffic, but that’s what the button is for.

+1 on the jump into higher gears. NJSP is crowing about the pedal commander awesomeness and that could be a good balance for eco mode, vs. having to mess with the drive modes.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote