Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it matter to you but if the truck thinks there is a trailer attached all the time it will act like there is one, changed in shift patterns, hour meter showing hours for it.

Does it do that without being put in tow mode? Haven't checked manual yet.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good recap of everything that has been discussed in this thread.

Personally, I would like to see a solution similar to this one: Stop/Start Custom Disabling Device Build - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

It's essentially a timer that mimics the pressing of the start/stop button. This one has the least drawbacks because it is not fooling the car in any way, it simply automates the pressing of the button.

Disagree. The one that has the least drawbacks is the FORScan. Turns it off the way Ford turns it on/off. There is no tricking or jury rigging...it just tells the truck to stop doing what it is capable of doing.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

just quoting myself...as I edited this post above to reflect what I learned once I made the FORScan change.

I agree. Just made a bunch of FORScan changes yesterday. Nice thing with using FORScan to make the change is you can make Auto Stop/Start disabled the default...but yet maintain use of the Auto Stop/Start dash button if you at times want to turn it on. (at least that's how I think it works)

EDIT: Correction... When turned off in BCM module it is OFF, period. If you don't turn off the button functionality in FCIM module, when you press the button the light will still illuminate and toggle between ON and OFF (even though feature is always OFF). Same is true for the instrument panel cluster message: if you don't make the change in IPC module, when you start the truck it will say "Auto Start/Stop has been deactivated by button" or something like that...and any additional presses of the button will toggle the message back and forth (again, even though feature is always still disabled because of the main change you made in BCM). You must go back into the BCM module if you ever want to turn it back ON (and make the changes for the button and the messages too.)

Anyway, simple change like all the FORScan stuff...I would equate it to changing a value in an Excel spreadsheet.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. The one that has the least drawbacks is the FORScan. Turns it off the way Ford turns it on/off. There is no tricking or jury rigging...it just tells the truck to stop doing what it is capable of doing.

It tells the truck through the PCM so there is a event that is registered.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're agreeing ?? Yes there is an event generated...just as there is if you were to deactivate by button.

Well a button is not a permanent event. In order to make a change permanent it must change the PCM from a 1 to a 0 or a 0 to a 1. So ya the event is detectable and I meant to quote the other guy.. oops

lukem80

Reaction score
This is an old thread. This is my first post. This is what I got for ya'll:

On a 2018 I unplugged the bottom smallest black plug and it has disabled it so far(10 miles city driving)....

the tailgate still works, backup camera still works, I think all 400 buttons on my steering wheel works too. Had the truck 4 days and really hated the feature.

Attachments

• IMG-3936.jpg
    IMG-3936.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG-3935.jpg
    IMG-3935.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 78

CCole77

Reaction score

On a 2018 I unplugged the bottom smallest black plug and it has disabled it so far(10 miles city driving)....

the tailgate still works, backup camera still works, I think all 400 buttons on my steering wheel works too. Had the truck 4 days and really hated the feature.

Still working? I really hate this feature and it would great if this simple unplug works? How did this effect the button on the dash and the alerts on the dash?

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So your truck is logging all the drive hours as towing hours? You might want to consider trade in value with potentially thousands of towing hours. As mentioned before, use FroScan to disable the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukem80

Reaction score
Still working? I really hate this feature and it would great if this simple unplug works? How did this effect the button on the dash and the alerts on the dash?

The button doesn’t say off on the dash. Haven’t touched it any. It’s still working. Up to 300 miles now. I don’t know if it’s storing the miles as tow ‘miles’...where can I check that at? Haters gone hate! Anyone that pays 68k for a truck that’s useless on pavement probably doesn’t care about trade in value lol

Last edited: