Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertH6657

Reaction score
Upfitter Switch Idea

So we have all these new upfitter switches in our new Raptors. Apparently behind the AUTO START/STOP switch we can jumper the white wire and the wire just to the left of the white wire. Why not take one of the upfitter pre-wired switches and run that pair of wires into the AUTO S/S switch? That way, you have options. Option 1, flip the upfitter switch ON and leave it on permanently. Wouldn't that switch make the jumper connection and tell the AUTO S/S switch that it is disengaged and DISABLED? It should. Option 2, turn the upfitter switch OFF, the jumper connection is open, and the AUTO S/S switch performs as usual. In other words, you would still have to push it to disengage the AUTO S/S function. When you take it in for service or warranty, you could just turn the upfitter switch OFF. No one would know either way. Thoughts?

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think I want to run 12v into the switch. Besides, it's not important enough to waste the effort. Either keep it, or jumper it out.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just unplug it under the dash??? Plug back in when you need to tow....

mbr72303

Reaction score
Long story short get a trailer light connector and connect it and auto start/stop will be disabled as long as its plugged in. No need to hit the button each time you start the vehicle.

That's no good because it disables the back up camera. There needs to be a way to permanently disable it without sacrificing any other features on the truck.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
so, on the way back from the park I was charging up the drone batteries and got this:

IMG_9788.JPG

Elite_KG

Reaction score
I have the same condition. Has any one found a work around :(

For anyone having trouble with the jumper, I have figured out that the jumper trick does not reset under certain conditions. I have a bypass switch wired as my jumper now because every once in a while the auto start/stop was not disabled by the jumper. With the switch I can reset when this condition occurs without any dash disassembly.

I have noticed if you just kill the truck and restart without opening doors, ASS will not reset to off with jumper. Also if the door is open when shut down and restart it will not reset.

I assume the On/off dash switch is not a switch but a momentary button. I beleive it momemtarily pulses the CPU to deactivate ASS. The jumper works because when you start the truck it initially sends 12 volts and holds the 12 volts while the ASS button only pulses 12v; not sure. If the ignition cycle is not reset then a restart may not result in the bypass of ASS.

I am not exactly sure of the circuitry, but a simple jumper is not 100% effective. Mine failed 3 times in 6 months so I decided to install the switch under the dash.
Today I made it fail 3 times in a row playing around with shut down restart, door open, door closed. Basically my dash display did not cycle off and I tried to restart, the bypass would not trigger ASS off. I would have to cycle my bypass switch.

For normal circumstances, get in start, drive, kill, get out situations the jumper works fine. But if you shut down, restart, door open, or dont allow CPU to power down, the jumper bypass may fail to set ASS to off.

The switch has saved me some aggrevation over the past 6 weeks or so.

Hooe this helps somec. If anyone knows exactly how this circuit works please post.

PS - I did not read all 11 pages of the thread.

Last edited:

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it seems this issue has just dragged on. Some people are responding to things other people did when the previous 10 posts are about a totally different method. So to recap...there are basically 3 popular ways of disabling Auto Start/Stop Permanently (but reversible):

1) Place a jumper into the dash switch as detailed in a YouTube video by user heyjacks
2) Forscan change(s)
3) Unplug a little plug down by your left foot

Problems/drawbacks:
1) Light stays on all the time. Intermittently stops working based on unique ignition, door opening, locking, etc. sequences. Also can be reset to working through similar gyrations.
2) Not really any...especially if you do all 3 changes in Forscan...with option to leave the switch still functional as an override if you do occasionally want Auto Start/Stop ON. (EDIT: Correction... When turned off in BCM module it is OFF, period. See updated post below)
3) Not entirely understood what is being "tricked" or simply deactivated. Shows notification in IDC. When towing, do you need to plug it back in?

??? Suggestion: add the latest updates to these methods but try to be clear which method you are discussing: Dash Switch Jumper, Forscan Changes, Unplug Connector from ECM towing/control trailer tow module part# GL3T-19H378-AC (or similar) by left foot. Would be really helpful if you don't have your vehicle listed in your profile or sig so it shows up with your post...if you mentioned what year your truck is.

Here are some pictures of the Unplug Option 3. I have not tried this method as I intend to implement the Forscan changes in the next few days and see how I like it on my 2018. Pretty sure it's that bottom connector here:

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, give me a few weeks. I am releasing something that changes the game.

This will be the solution that ends these discussions moving forward. Trust me. :biggrin: