Auto start/stop permanantly disable - youtube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
Doesn't work on my 2017. Resets after restarting the engine and the Auto Start light goes off and can't be cut on or off - it's permanently on until you remove the jumper. Looks like Ford figured out how to keep people from disabling it via the dash switch.

I have the same condition. Has any one found a work around :(

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can used fordscan, a laptop program hooked up to a wireless OBD plug and program it that way to disable it.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I hear that there is a new product coming out soon that will allow you to have the Auto Start Stop OFF by default in all modes. Designed by NASA engineers. Just wait. :biggrin:

GT2344

Reaction score
Worked perfect for my 2017 Raptor so far. Tailgate, cameras and all sensors, even the lane keeping and cruise control worked. Thank you for finding this workaround. I heard it can be corrected via IDS at the dealership, but when I called they didn't even know what that was!

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same condition. Has any one found a work around :(

I initially had the same problem. I gave up and used forscan.

However, i was not comfortable using forscan for this mid. I have many other forscan changes, but the Auto start/stop seems to be tricking the charging system, and I didn't have a warm fuzzy about what it was actually doing to the charging system.

I returned it to normal in forscan, then tried the jumper again. This time, after installing, I shut off the truck, got out, and closed and locked the door. I then got back in and tried it, and it's working perfectly. I've had it installed now for 2 weeks with no issues.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
I initially had the same problem. I gave up and used forscan.

However, i was not comfortable using forscan for this mid. I have many other forscan changes, but the Auto start/stop seems to be tricking the charging system, and I didn't have a warm fuzzy about what it was actually doing to the charging system.

I returned it to normal in forscan, then tried the jumper again. This time, after installing, I shut off the truck, got out, and closed and locked the door. I then got back in and tried it, and it's working perfectly. I've had it installed now for 2 weeks with no issues.
I will have to try it again. I had the same concerns. Thanks for giving me hope. I HATE that feature so much.

marsh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this on another thread....." above your left foot is 2 connections, one large white connection and a smaller black one closest to your foot. Unplug the smaller one. No codes, no Forscan, no auto stop start. If you want to tow, just plug it back in"........tried this a few days ago, no issues yet

Did this weeks ago and works like a charm.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
I will have to try it again. I had the same concerns. Thanks for giving me hope. I HATE that feature so much.

I tried it again like you suggested (locked the doors ect) it seems to be working a BIG thanks to kenny008 that was the only thing I did not like on my truck.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it again like you suggested (locked the doors ect) it seems to be working a BIG thanks to kenny008 that was the only thing I did not like on my truck.

Glad it worked. I gave the autostart a shot for a few months, and it just kept getting more irritating. FORScan is good for many things, but sometimes a couple inches of wire are a better fix.