Anyone using Water/Methanol Injection on an EB Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone using Water/Methanol Injection on there Raptor?

I have been looking into this lately and spoke to MPT and others regarding this. I am interested in it the AEM V2 1.15 Gallon Water/Methanol Injection Kit that is sold at MPT (It may be a re-badged Snow unit, I am not sure)

I would be running the mentioned kit and the MPT **** tune and go through the data logging process. MPT preferred to do a 70/30 mix but can do 50/50 as well. If I do this I will do 70/30. I really don,t have a reason other then I would like more power then the regular tune, intake, intercooler., SPD has given me ... Very vary happy with it, but wouldn't mind more power.

Has anyone tried a methanol kit on there raptor yet? Were you happy with your results?
I have had several turbo and supercharged vehicles, but have never run a methanol kit.

I searched for information on this but found mostly debates on voiding the warranty.

I would like to keep this related to your experience with your Methanol good or bad.
I know Ford probably is not a fan of modification.

Thank you for your input.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E85 is an option too but the places I spoke with seemed to favor the Meh. I don't have ton of locations for E85 as is I will probably order the Methanol in 5 gallon cans. I would be new to both. I have heard people say the raptor fuel lines can and can not handle E85.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E85 is an option too but the places I spoke with seemed to favor the Meh. I don't have ton of locations for E85 as is I will probably order the Methanol in 5 gallon cans. I would be new to both. I have heard people say the raptor fuel lines can and can not handle E85.

Welp, my truck is going to die since I run e48. (50 percent e85 and 50 percent 87)

It will handle e85. Any car made after like 2000 will handle e85.

The problem on the raptor currently is the in tank fuel pump is not strong enough once you start making some big power. Lots of experimenting going on with that currently.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fyi can't run E85 with a Whipple tune (not sure about others)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is due to the fact you have to tune FOR using e85. Its not a flex fuel tune.

I bet whipple would tune e85 if you threw enough money at them.

Canned tunes are very hard to do for e85.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No raptors Running Water Methanol injection??? Anyone try it on another kind of ecoboost. A bit uncomfortable being the Ginny pig...

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No raptors Running Water Methanol injection??? Anyone try it on another kind of ecoboost. A bit uncomfortable being the Ginny pig...

I ordered mine, waiting on al my full race stuff.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! What kit are you going with? Who will be tuning it? What is your set up? Love to get some ideas.