Anyone using this drop-in AIRAID filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this on the interwebs... looks interesting.

It looks designed to drop right into the the factory airbox (and function as a dry, conical filter) providing better air flow and sound.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with this specific type of filter or even the brand in general?

AIR-861-397.jpg

https://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=861-397

Last edited:

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Roush cold air intake today. It was pretty easy. It took about 2 hours to do. They claim a pretty decent HP increase. It sounds a little better too. You can get it directly from Roush but I found a coupon code for CJ Pony parts. This drop in looks interesting. It might take 2 minutes rather than 2 hours.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this on the interwebs... looks interesting.

It looks designed to drop right into the the factory airbox (and function as a dry, conical filter) providing better air flow and sound.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with this specific type of filter or even the brand in general?

AIR-861-397.jpg

https://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=861-397

That will increase cfm from like 318 to 460. That is pretty good for $85 dollars but you could put that $85 dollar towards a Roush or a Whipple CAI. I started with the K&N filter before getting the Whipple. It is rated at 132% more airflow than a stock paper filter.

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=440

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
But does the engine pull in 318 cfm? That is the question, does anyone know the answer?

Your question is above my pay scale but it is a fact that if you increase gas intake and boost you must have enough airflow to keep from running too rich and destroying your Cat. I do know that the Whipple tech said that they couldn't install the Tune from Feb. test because I didn't have enough airflow and codes would pop up.
Now I guess someone could call him a liar but like I said I am no expert so I will trust the Tech.
I know what you are trying to say and you are right. I don't know how much cfm is enough for my Raptor it could be 500 or 300. The factory would have to share that with us so we know what we need. You may believe that these aftermarket vendors are just telling the customer bigger is better. But I personally like the looks of my Whipple CAI so that is all that matters right.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it installed and am running it.

Few thoughts. It's high quality. Higher than the k&n drop in I replaced.

It has a lot of surface area. It's basically an inverted conical filter.

It's louder than the k&n and the stock filter and you can hear it "woof" air when you hit the gas pedal.

Does it do anything for power?

I have no idea.

Guy

AJ-Raptor

Reaction score
I have it installed and am running it.

Few thoughts. It's high quality. Higher than the k&n drop in I replaced.

It has a lot of surface area. It's basically an inverted conical filter.

It's louder than the k&n and the stock filter and you can hear it "woof" air when you hit the gas pedal.

Does it do anything for power?

I have no idea.

Guy

Pics please