Anyone try the Magnaflow yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about a little GEN1 experience with Magnaflow? I retained all of the factory exhaust plumbing (tubes and resonator), and replaced the factory muffler with a weld-in Magnaflow muffler. The Magnaflow has a straight-through design - you can see through it from one end to the other. That's not true with the factory muffler, so I expected the Magnaflow muffler to be a little louder and a little raspier. I was wrong. The Magnaflow muffler is smoother than the factory muffler and no louder. It's just a little deeper in tone. I once scared the shit out of a guy in a convertible with the raspy wide open throttle sound of the factory muffler, but that's no longer possible with the Magnaflow muffler. And the odd thing is that the length and other dimensions of the Magnaflow muffler are essentially identical to those of the factory muffler. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the factory muffler.