Anyone install Aftermarket Intercooler on their 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember this tune is intended to not affect the Warranty and the IC will be an up grade option for future Raptors from Ford Performance!

Like I said, they can Boost the shit out of it but Ford dealer will catch it and avoid the warranty! At this time, most guys don't want to take a chance at voiding their 80k - 90k + purchase!

But I bet in a few years down the road, they will forget about the price and go with the Max Tune!

As far as sound! It sounds like a V6! It is much louder than Stock! My buddy has an exhaust shop. I am waiting for the Magna flow Muffler that is suppose to be designed for the Gen 2 Raptor! The Exhaust tubing is not 3'', it is 2 3/4''!!! Don't know why they just didn't go with 3''. For fun, I am going to remove the stock Muffler and install the Stock Resistor in it's place to see what it sounds like! The Resistor is only 11'' long! It might be a bust or it could quite down some of the V6 high pitch sound. I will just have to see once it is installed.

It wouldn't be the first $70k car that I modified. I would have to pass on paying, for what I can only assume would be, $3,000+ for all of that to only get 25hp. But like I said...that's cool they're using you car to do the testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the graph, assuming the plots aren't bogus, at 4k rpm the difference is 100 hp and 125 tq.

Don't just look at the peak numbers.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the graph, assuming the plots aren't bogus, at 4k rpm the difference is 100 hp and 125 tq.

Don't just look at the peak numbers.

Foo, I'm simply going off of the max power and max torque provided on top of that graph.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of IC, still waiting on Cold Air intake!
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkVr-O3DtQU

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

There is no Tune on it! I can feel the low end throttle response and the MPG have increased!
This IC is from Ford Performance! This after market shop got paid by ford to install IC, create a Cold air intake and Test Tunes! Which they did. I can see that they Ran the shit out of my Truck because of the Gold Blue color of exhaust past the X-pipe! This IC will be an option for future Gen 2 Raptors!
He said, 10 hp and 66 lbs of Torque just from the IC
With a 21 lbs boost Tune and new CAI. I will get 35 hp and 100 lbs Torque! Also this set up will not trigger any codes. Remember! They are doing all testing for Ford Performance! They don't really have a reason to lie about data! Once it is all done! You are welcome to come and pay for a Dyno test and if off by more than 5 hp or 10 lbs of Torque! I will pay for the Test!
I am not some Kid blowing smoke for kicks! I take data serious!
Check out Video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkVr-O3DtQU
I'm not sure what benefit the x-pipe is since dual in/dual out mufflers are essentially x-pipes. Adding an x-pipe seems redundant.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foo, I'm simply going off of the max power and max torque provided on top of that graph.

I know but it's not looking at the whole picture.

Is it worth 3k? Don't know, but I know which I would prefer. I'm sure I spend more time driving in the middle of the curve than at the peak.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know but it's not looking at the whole picture.

Is it worth 3k? Don't know, but I know which I would prefer. I'm sure I spend more time driving in the middle of the curve than at the peak.

I agree with you 100% but I'm not understanding that sheet. The max is the max and therefore can't be any greater or less than at its peak. It's misleading to have the max at the 5,200 mark when tq and hp meet. That is not the max output.

I see now. Yes the numbers are better than my initial thoughts.

I guess now we get to wait for this mystery tune shop to revile themselves and for pricing.

---------- Post added 02-13-2017 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-12-2017 at 11:37 PM ----------

I agree with you 100% but I'm not understanding that sheet. The max is the max and therefore can't be any greater or less than at its peak. It's misleading to have the max at the 5,200 mark when tq and hp meet. That is not the max output.

I see now. Yes the numbers are better than my initial thoughts.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just me but there's no way I'm putting a CAI on a turbo engine that I plan to run in the desert.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 with stock box, I never found dust past the filter when I changed it. My buddy with a cai and a prefilter always found dust past the filter in the intake tubing when cleaning his. You do what you want but I spend enough time in the dust in Baja that I'm sticking to the stock intake on my new raptor.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2012 with stock box, I never found dust past the filter when I changed it. My buddy with a cai and a prefilter always found dust past the filter in the intake tubing when cleaning his. You do what you want but I spend enough time in the dust in Baja that I'm sticking to the stock intake on my new raptor.

I'd attribute that to a ****** filter. I wouldn't put one on either, but only because they have no performance gains over a good drop in filter. Either way, if you are using a good filter media (both AFE and S&B filter more than the stock filter) it shouldn't cause an issue.