Anyone install Aftermarket Intercooler on their 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor back from Ford Performance After - market parts partner. The Intercooler is installed! It has dual Fans with Blue rubber tubing! The Tech was giving me limited info. It is still not approved by Ford performance, but he felt very confident that it was going to be approved. Once approved this New High-performance intercooler will be an option for 2018 Raptors! He said the cooling numbers vs the stock but I can't remember what they were but he was impressed with the difference. He gave me the dyno testing for the intercooler. It was 66 pounds improvement on Torque and 10 hp. I reset my gas trip setting. I was getting 19-20 mpg going 60 mph! This was a 2-3 mpg improvement from before install. They did Tune testing on it! Let's just say that this little Ecoboost has a ton of hp to be harvested if you don't care about your warranty! They are also designing a CA approved Cold air intake system. Factory Intake tubes have Vortex inside them. They tested and found that there was a 4 hp gain without Vortex inside tubing! Once the new Cold Air intake is designed and approved, they will call me and install it. Telling me that I should get 385 hp at the rear wheel and gain 100 lbs of torque! Will take picture of it all once it is complete! For sure the intercooler does improve MPG with a little hp and Torque to boot!

Hmmmmmm. As much as I want to call bs on this I do have a vendor who spoke with me awhile back about a "super secret squirrel" project that I was told I would be interested in. The numbers do seem a bit high from just swapping an intercooler and an intake though.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm. As much as I want to call bs on this I do have a vendor who spoke with me awhile back about a "super secret squirrel" project that I was told I would be interested in. The numbers do seem a bit high from just swapping an intercooler and an intake though.

Trimmell,
Took a road trip this afternoon to see what kind of mpg I could get. Before I could only get 17 mpg on a flat stretch of hwy. At 55 - 60 mph, I was able to get 19-20 mpg on a flat stretch! My Trip was in the CA. foothills. my Average was 17 mpg! That is an improvement by at least 2-3 mpg!
As far as Test numbers. That is what is on the dyno test sheet that I will share as soon I get the clearance to share my source. I was not there for testing. They had my Raptor for 5 days. I have Fordpass on my iPhone and I was getting messages that my anti-lock and Down hill descent have been deactivated. Not sure what all they tested. I am just excited that I am getting free stuff. Looks like some members don't believe my report, I am just quoting what I was told and what the dyno test has on it. I do remember him telling me that my new bust would be 20-21 lbs. I don't know what the Stock boost is. I like how it feels right now and still waiting to get new cold Air intake installed and the 20-21 lbs boost without affecting my Warranty!

Last edited:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimmell,
Took a road trip this afternoon to see what kind of mpg I could get. Before I could only get 17 mpg on a flat stretch of hwy. At 55 - 60 mph, I was able to get 19-20 mpg on a flat stretch! My Trip was in the CA. foothills. my Average was 17 mpg! That is an improvement by at least 2-3 mpg!
As far as Test numbers. That is what is on the dyno test sheet that I will share as soon I get the clearance to share my source. I was not there for testing. They had my Raptor for 5 days. I have Fordpass on my iPhone and I was getting messages that my anti-lock and Down hill descent have been deactivated. Not sure what all they tested. I am just excited that I am getting free stuff. Looks like some members don't believe my report, I am just quoting what I was told and what the dyno test has on it. I do remember him telling me that my new bust would be 20-21 lbs. I don't know what the Stock bust is. I like how it feels right now and still waiting to get new cold Air intake installed and the 20-21 lbs bust without affecting my Warranty!

One of my vendors is definitely working on something and knew I was considering a 17' Raptor when they told me I would be interested but I very highly doubt they would be that ambitious to go after an intercooler. They might though. Let us know what you find out.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
One of my vendors is definitely working on something and knew I was considering a 17' Raptor when they told me I would be interested but I very highly doubt they would be that ambitious to go after an intercooler. They might though. Let us know what you find out.

I sure will! Once everything is done, I will make a video and share! To really see half of the Intercooler. I will have to remove the front skid plate. I don't know how to remove bumper so I will not get a front picture. I will ask Teck if he happened to take any before and after pictures of Intercooler install!

JonasAtLethal

Reaction score
Um. I'd need to see Dyno numbers but that sure sounds like a very high, unrealistic number fed with a line of BS.

They did intake, TUNING and fmic. They cranked the boost up with the calibration, that's where the tq came from. If this is the truck I think it is, he's not lying.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor back from Ford Performance After - market parts partner. The Intercooler is installed! It has dual Fans with Blue rubber tubing! The Tech was giving me limited info. It is still not approved by Ford performance, but he felt very confident that it was going to be approved. Once approved this New High-performance intercooler will be an option for 2018 Raptors! He said the cooling numbers vs the stock but I can't remember what they were but he was impressed with the difference. He gave me the dyno testing for the intercooler. It was 66 pounds improvement on Torque and 10 hp. I reset my gas trip setting. I was getting 19-20 mpg going 60 mph! This was a 2-3 mpg improvement from before install. They did Tune testing on it! Let's just say that this little Ecoboost has a ton of hp to be harvested if you don't care about your warranty! They are also designing a CA approved Cold air intake system. Factory Intake tubes have Vortex inside them. They tested and found that there was a 4 hp gain without Vortex inside tubing! Once the new Cold Air intake is designed and approved, they will call me and install it. Telling me that I should get 385 hp at the rear wheel and gain 100 lbs of torque! Will take picture of it all once it is complete! For sure the intercooler does improve MPG with a little hp and Torque to boot!

Vids...or never happened..