Anyone install Aftermarket Intercooler on their 2017 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! I have been asked by an Aftermarket local company to let them have my truck for a couple of days so they can test fit parts and run test. For me letting them do these test they are offering me their new Large Intercooler and a Cold Air intake system. They are a well-known Aftermarket parts Company so I am cool with them doing the testing so they can design Aftermarket parts.

What the hell does any of this mean??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
What the hell does any of this mean??

What the hell! you never heard of Sharing! I will follow up with the install so that if anyone is wondering about an aftermarket Intercooler it will be out there!

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who the hell fed you that line of crap?

You know how many Diesel trucks run 150k miles or more on stock Intercoolers? Most of them.

Yeah but a lot of diesels have very large IC, 3 inch thick and about 3ft wide. Not sure how big the one on the Raptor is, but might need an upgrade if the IC gets heat soaked or if there is significant pressure drop across the core.

3six7

Reaction score
On 1st gen ecos you could heat soak the factory cooler fairly easy. I think the Raptors have a fan on the cooler do they not? Either way if you beat on your truck an aftermarket cooler wouldn't be a bad idea, if all it's used for is to drive down the highway I probably wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Just got my Raptor back from Ford Performance After - market parts partner. The Intercooler is installed! It has dual Fans with Blue rubber tubing! The Tech was giving me limited info. It is still not approved by Ford performance, but he felt very confident that it was going to be approved. Once approved this New High-performance intercooler will be an option for 2018 Raptors! He said the cooling numbers vs the stock but I can't remember what they were but he was impressed with the difference. He gave me the dyno testing for the intercooler. It was 66 pounds improvement on Torque and 10 hp. I reset my gas trip setting. I was getting 19-20 mpg going 60 mph! This was a 2-3 mpg improvement from before install. They did Tune testing on it! Let's just say that this little Ecoboost has a ton of hp to be harvested if you don't care about your warranty! They are also designing a CA approved Cold air intake system. Factory Intake tubes have Vortex inside them. They tested and found that there was a 4 hp gain without Vortex inside tubing! Once the new Cold Air intake is designed and approved, they will call me and install it. Telling me that I should get 385 hp at the rear wheel and gain 100 lbs of torque! Will take picture of it all once it is complete! For sure the intercooler does improve MPG with a little hp and Torque to boot!

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Raptor back from Ford Performance After - market parts partner. The Intercooler is installed! It has dual Fans with Blue rubber tubing! The Tech was giving me limited info. It is still not approved by Ford performance, but he felt very confident that it was going to be approved. Once approved this New High-performance intercooler will be an option for 2018 Raptors! He said the cooling numbers vs the stock but I can't remember what they were but he was impressed with the difference. He gave me the dyno testing for the intercooler. It was 66 pounds improvement on Torque and 10 hp. I reset my gas trip setting. I was getting 19-20 mpg going 60 mph! This was a 2-3 mpg improvement from before install. They did Tune testing on it! Let's just say that this little Ecoboost has a ton of hp to be harvested if you don't care about your warranty! They are also designing a CA approved Cold air intake system. Factory Intake tubes have Vortex inside them. They tested and found that there was a 4 hp gain without Vortex inside tubing! Once the new Cold Air intake is designed and approved, they will call me and install it. Telling me that I should get 385 hp at the rear wheel and gain 100 lbs of torque! Will take picture of it all once it is complete! For sure the intercooler does improve MPG with a little hp and Torque to boot!

So let's see those pics please.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Who is this Ford performance aftermarket parts partner?