Anyone have transmission miss gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you are running a tune? Which tune?

I'd put the original flash back in the truck and do a factory reset as suggested by the person above.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes going to try that when I get back, had to travel / work. It did do this one other time before the tune was installed. And talked to a couple people and they said drive it...tranny learning - f'that I doubt this things goes to elementary school then high school then college... I figured maybe the tune would straighten it out - It's back to stock and dealership.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess worth a try when I get back, Disconnect and drain any remaining stored power... and then reconnect after sitting "voltless" for a while right?

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess worth a try when I get back, Disconnect and drain any remaining stored power... and then reconnect after sitting "voltless" for a while right?

Yep, give it 30=45 minutes for everything to be reset.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just following up...hate those threads that you wonder if a fix was found. Reset everything and running tune and in sport (that's where/when the error appeared) . No faults or missed gears yet, running hard and towed 7k boat to and from ocean (260 miles roundtrip). All good, will update if problem comes back - thanks.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just following up...hate those threads that you wonder if a fix was found. Reset everything and running tune and in sport (that's where/when the error appeared) . No faults or missed gears yet, running hard and towed 7k boat to and from ocean (260 miles roundtrip). All good, will update if problem comes back - thanks.

I got similar trans shifting weirdness after the 5 Star tune. You're saying that doing the battery reset fixed the shifting?

If I flash the tune back to stock it shifts perfect. If I flash to another tune the shifting is weird. I'm working it out with 5 Star right now.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got similar trans shifting weirdness after the 5 Star tune. You're saying that doing the battery reset fixed the shifting?

If I flash the tune back to stock it shifts perfect. If I flash to another tune the shifting is weird. I'm working it out with 5 Star right now.

anytime you mod or change anything on the truck do a kam/idle reset.

load the tune in. then let the truck sit. disconnect the battery negative side first. turn on the headlight to drain it. no they shouldn't come on. leave for about a min. reconnect the battery with the headlights off. positive side first.
start the truck with the ac, radio and lights off. let idle for 15 min to operating temp. turn on the radio, ac and headlights. idle another 5 min. then with every thing still on and your foot on the brake, put it in drive for 5 min.

then drive the truck normally in sport mode for better learning.

OP
OP
Ecoop

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k-rub - yes and then missed a gear like redline neutral. Did the kam reset like above post and drove the crap out of it and it has been good for like week.

What is yours doing?