Anyone with the Borla S-type Exhaust + Borla Resonator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone install the Borla S-type Exhaust sans the x-pipe, and opted for the matching Borla Resonator instead? Thoughts on the setup?

I can't find any reviews, or any videos... I'd really love some feedback before pulling the trigger.

For those wondering, the parts would be:

2017-2018 Raptor Borla S-type Exhaust (Borla Part # 60637)
2017-2018 Raptor Borla Resonator (Borla Part # 60650)

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like that is what the Ford Performance touring exhaust is but you get the rear section (tips) with it for @ $1700 at cjponyparts.com... I guess for $1400 ish and those 2 parts you can get a good exhaust but you need to retain the end section of the OEM setup.

Big Ratt

Reaction score
I currently have a resonator in the mail expected to arrive on the 2nd. Will take a couple days to get it put on due to work. I’ll post a video once it’s done.

I have the s-type and can’t wait to change it. If I still don’t like I’m going back to stock.

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a resonator in the mail expected to arrive on the 2nd. Will take a couple days to get it put on due to work. I’ll post a video once it’s done.

I have the s-type and can’t wait to change it. If I still don’t like I’m going back to stock.

Is the resonator you ordered the Borla resonator? It seems a few around here like to mix and match their exhaust component brands, and usually find they hate the result.

I'm looking for feedback on a 100% Borla system. After speaking with Borla, they said this resonator was their answer to remove some of the pitch (and a tad volume) that some people found to be unpleasant with the S-type system specifically. They were made for each other. (Awwwwwww) haha

I have the Borla S-type and Borla Resonator on order for delivery in a couple weeks hopefully (backordered)... was hoping to get some feedback before it ships.

In the end, I'm definitely looking for the exhaust volume to be turned up a couple notches and for it to have more bite under hard acceleration, all without anymore drone than you already get from the stock exhaust. I already turned off the fake engine noise via Forscan and the truck just sounds wimpy. All go... and no show.

This is the most bad ass production baja pre-runner truck out there after all, so it needs to sound somewhat like a beast. :evillol:

Last edited:

Big Ratt

Reaction score
I ordered the Borla Resonator.

The issue I have with the S Type is only when you step on it. It’s way too loud and raspy. It sounds good cruising around town. Embarrassing when you get in it. My MPG has improved these last few thousand miles.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a S Type also and I love it except the drone at 70-80 mph which is the normal crushing speed for me. I almost took it off but I was waiting to see if this fixes that 70-80 mph drone. Hopefully the guys that picked his resonator up can write some reviews once it’s on.

The S Type muffler section looks larger that the Borla/Ford Performance Touring muffler section. And this resonator looks the same as the FP Touring muffler. So hopefully this resonator makes it sound close to the FP Touring without the high cost.

Last edited:

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about stype, the reason I have resonator h pipe instead of x pipe is because i have a downpipes and spd turbo adapters, it sounds horrible if you have x pipe and also have downpipes, Borla said when they created the Borla exhaust with x pipe it was matched up with everything else being stock and they recommend during resonator if have downpipes, I don’t have any drone or raspy sound coming out of my exhaust and I’m very happy with how it sounds.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any sound clips of your truck floating around? What Dp are you running? Catted or not? Sorry about all the questions, just interested in the setup and getting DPs too.

I’m not sure about stype, the reason I have resonator h pipe instead of x pipe is because i have a downpipes and spd turbo adapters, it sounds horrible if you have x pipe and also have downpipes, Borla said when they created the Borla exhaust with x pipe it was matched up with everything else being stock and they recommend during resonator if have downpipes, I don’t have any drone or raspy sound coming out of my exhaust and I’m very happy with how it sounds.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Sorry just saw your other post with mod list. All questions answered there.