Anybody installed the Whipple tune yet??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my Whipple Stage 1 kit install today by my ford dealership who has a custom shop . Had them do everything including gap the plugs . That way it’s been professionally done by ford. I believe that’s your best chance to preserve a warranty. Time will tell. Felt the performance difference was well worth it. All you have to do now is find a ford dealership that will do IT ! By the way the fit and finish of the kit is fantastic :big_banana_Dance:

Last edited:

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 600-700 miles on since my Whipple Stage 1 install. Anybody else experiencing a funky low/high idle? Maybe my truck/PCM is still "learning" post-tune? it has never stalled but sometimes has a low rough idle (a little too low /lower than normal) then other times (even fully warm after being driven) the idle surges up to around 1,250 rpm and holds that higher idle.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 600-700 miles on since my Whipple Stage 1 install. Anybody else experiencing a funky low/high idle? Maybe my truck/PCM is still "learning" post-tune? it has never stalled but sometimes has a low rough idle (a little too low /lower than normal) then other times (even fully warm after being driven) the idle surges up to around 1,250 rpm and holds that higher idle.

Mine idles better than stock since I changed the plugs and tuned it.

Check your connections on your intake and new intercooler. You may have a leak.

What did you do with your spark plugs? Any changes?

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have the same thing when its cold

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine idles better than stock since I changed the plugs and tuned it.

Check your connections on your intake and new intercooler. You may have a leak.

What did you do with your spark plugs? Any changes?

Tech said original OEM plugs were fine (6,600 miles at time of install) so they were gapped to the Whipple specs and reused.

I went with Full Race intercooler instead of the Whipple due to frame cut front bumper. Also installed Full Race catch can, which is throwing a CEL DTC code P04DB. That CEL issue should be resolved when we move the in line PCV sensor to a better location. Not sure if that might be affecting idle at this time.

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were SP550, installing the kit right now.

Anyone can explain how they removed the disconnected the bypass valve tube? Trying to not break the clip.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk