All turbo 2017 F150's to get start-stop standard, including Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of it when driving for a day. After that, you hardly even notice it, unless you're quick from the brake-to-gas like I am at certain stops. But you can manage. You can usually also have this disabled and the dealer will do it at no cost.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aww how cute! It rests so it can go harder longer!

I bet the range of the gen 2 will go well beyond 500 miles.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Should come in handy when climbing a hill in Colorado or some deep snow during a Raptor run.

Just call me Nancy I guess..............

There's variables where it won't turn off. To name a few: when steering wheel is turned when stopped, when turn signal is on when stopped, when battery voltage is too low, too many accessories running, if you've come to a very hard stop, etc.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '14 BMW 535xi Diesel is equipped with this tech. Doesn't bother me at all and if it saves $ on fuel, which it seems it does, than that is some good news.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I'm saying is, the last thing you want is your truck's engine shutting off on a 30% grade when climbing loose rocks in the Colorado mountains. Makes sense, huh? I'm sure in the concrete jungle, it will be wonderful. Not off road.......

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
All I'm saying is, the last thing you want is your truck's engine shutting off on a 30% grade when climbing loose rocks in the Colorado mountains. Makes sense, huh? I'm sure in the concrete jungle, it will be wonderful. Not off road.......

You realize there's also a button you can press to turn it off, but defaults back to on after shutting off the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir