Aftermarket Solution for Wastegate Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found or heard of an aftermarket solution to the wastegate rattle yet? This truck is a beast and does everything I've asked of it - and more - but that wastegate rattle at startup and occasionally under load is ridiculous. Like having the hottest girl in town, who won't stop picking her nose in public.

High temp silicone sheath around the actuator? Replacement actuators? Duct tape and WD-40? I'd be more than open to replacing the snails and wastegate assembly if that was proven to stop the rattles.

There's enough Gen 2's out on the road at this point - can't go a day in Dallas without seeing multiple - and from threads on this forum it doesn't sound like Ford recognizes this rattling as a problem so chances are they wont fix it. Profits>everything. I gotta believe the addressable market is now large enough, and growing, that the aftermarket will bring a solution forward at some point.

Hoping something is already available

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the 911 Turbos I have driven or ridden in rattle. It's possible to fix it, maybe not with an $800 turbo on a $70k truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a good way to stop the wastegate linkage from rattling? It's driving me nuts.

The dealer says the rattle at WOT is "Normal" for a turbo truck...

I guess the other option is to make the exhaust louder so I can no longer here the rattling linkage....

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Older Post I realize, but wanted to bring this back to "center court" to see if anyone has figured out a way to eleminate this rattle? Just had my 2018 Raptor in for dealer service (21K miles) and they did confirm the rattle but said that Ford provides them a way to determine if it is an issue or normal. Mine was considered normal, but it's super loud at cold startup and whenever the boost kicks in. Embarassing to have to drive around with this noise. Anyone know if Ford is doing anything about this OR if there is a reasonable aftermarket fix, sign me up! In the meantime I'm going to call Ford and at least get on record that I don't consider it "normal" and would like to see a fix.

Good news is no cam phaser rattle, (whew), and the mirror ratcheting/clicking issue was resolved (however, be sure to test your one touch down function as after reflash) as mine were disabled (both sides) and I had to go right back in for another reprogramming. But all appears to be working well now.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
Mine still rattles. (30k miles now). I put a flowmaster muffler on last year to help drown the rattle. Not a professional solution, but it works