AFE Scorcher Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sid77

Reaction score
Got in my truck tonight and it would crank but not start, in addition it was throwing multiple codes.

On a hunch I disconnected my scorcher, problems gone.

Anyone else have any issues with their scorcher?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope it I had the same issues with the boostmax. Installed Scorcher and all went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the troubles, maybe get a refund on the unit and go with a tune? Seems to have less problems. Not trying to start a war just ideas.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Found the same issues with the flowmaster one. I logged the truck and found the the torque tables are set very low and computer thinks the engine is making to much power and throwing it into fail safe mode. Plug in tuners wont work on mine. Reflash tune is the only thing I can use on mine.

I am assuming other trucks have the same settings since I hear the same issues. These computers are extremely adaptive so you can try clearing it (disconnect battery) and driving it hard for a couple hundred miles then reinstalling it. Other than that you might be in the same boat as me.