Afe Scorcher = Massive Loss in Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just installed the AFE scorcher on my 2018 Raptor. Very straightforward install, and doublechecked everything as well.

I started the truck up and immediately got a wrench light. Reset battery, and it went away.

Drove truck and 0 PSI boost. Completely gutless, turbo not even spooling.

Reset battery again and same result... seems so far the Scorcher removed 400HP then added 40HP... anyone know what is causing the truck to be in a limp-mode like State with it?

Thanks!

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
kpg81,
Did one of the inter-cooler connecting tubes come off? Mass air sensor not connected? Plastic off of air filter?
Turbo not spooling...or is it turning but no boost? For turbo to not spool the exhaust gas is not getting to the turbo ie exhaust manifold fracture or broken turbo. No boost most likely is a disconnected turbo to inter-cooler or inter-cooler to intake connecting tube...or a big hole in the inter-cooler!
Disconnect the battery again for 10-15 minutes and then reconnect and see if the computer resets...
Good luck!

Eddie

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kpg81,
Did one of the inter-cooler connecting tubes come off? Mass air sensor not connected? Plastic off of air filter?
Turbo not spooling...or is it turning but no boost? For turbo to not spool the exhaust gas is not getting to the turbo ie exhaust manifold fracture or broken turbo. No boost most likely is a disconnected turbo to inter-cooler or inter-cooler to intake connecting tube...or a big hole in the inter-cooler!
Disconnect the battery again for 10-15 minutes and then reconnect and see if the computer resets...
Good luck!

Eddie

It’s definitely computer related. You can floor it and the truck barely even moves, it’s weird.

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you double checked to make sure all the connections are correct? The MAP sensor can easily be inverted and still "click" into place.

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you double checked to make sure all the connections are correct? The MAP sensor can easily be inverted and still "click" into place.

Wouldn’t I get a check engine light then?

Could it be the truck is still in limp mode and I need to clear some DTC codes? Sure I can take it off, but I don’t see how others got it to work. Must be something simple.

OP
OP
kpg81

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried various things, flipping the plugs - everything - it’s very straight forward. Now light on the toggle switch doesn’t illuminate.

Ripped it out and truck is running great. Will be sending this junk back ASAP!