aFe Power Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the aFe Power exhaust on the Gen 2? It sounds good in the video below, but marketing videos can be doctored to their liking.

aFe Power Exhaust on 2017 Ford Raptor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBkq2lAm7M

I am moving from a Gen 1 6.2 L with true duals and aFe CAI to a Gen 2, so I would like to enhance the sound. I realize a V6 will never sound like a V8, but the factory sound is too mild for my taste. I do not want rasp at acceleration or drone at highway speeds, but I do not want my neighbors to complain, either.

This clip seemed like a good compromise between the really loud Borla ATAK and the stock exhaust.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody has this on their truck or it is so bad, no one wants to talk about how much they hate it? :biggrin:

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont have much experience with this kit yet but AFE Does make a very good product. Let us know if you would like a quote on the AFE kit or any other setup. we offer discounts for the members of FRF

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if you can just replace the stock muffler with the one from aFe? I would like to reuse the existing tailpipes, if possible.

Also, are there any sound clips floating around besides the one I found?

hmgt3

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the aFe Power exhaust on the Gen 2? It sounds good in the video below, but marketing videos can be doctored to their liking.

I am moving from a Gen 1 6.2 L with true duals and aFe CAI to a Gen 2, so I would like to enhance the sound. I realize a V6 will never sound like a V8, but the factory sound is too mild for my taste. I do not want rasp at acceleration or drone at highway speeds, but I do not want my neighbors to complain, either.

This clip seemed like a good compromise between the really loud Borla ATAK and the stock exhaust.
Had it on mine. Way too much drone. Replaced it with the Atak. Couldn't be happier. Look elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you can just replace the stock muffler with the one from aFe? I would like to reuse the existing tailpipes, if possible.

Also, are there any sound clips floating around besides the one I found?

looking at the afe website it seems that they only offer catback exhaust. if you're looking for only middle section replacements you can check out borla, flowmaster or corsa. there might be other ones but those are the ones off the top of my head.

i replaced mine with the borla atak and optional resonator, super happy with it, not overly loud and no raspiness to the exhaust.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had it on mine. Way too much drone. Replaced it with the Atak. Couldn't be happier. Look elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

Thank you! I hate drone on the highway! (as does my wife)

looking at the afe website it seems that they only offer catback exhaust. if you're looking for only middle section replacements you can check out borla, flowmaster or corsa. there might be other ones but those are the ones off the top of my head.

i replaced mine with the borla atak and optional resonator, super happy with it, not overly loud and no raspiness to the exhaust.

ATAK seems to be the favorite on FRF, but the videos I have heard are really loud. Like, wake up your neighbors loud.

Do you have a sample of the ATAK with the optional resonator? Also, was that all you replaced? (ie. no X-pipe, downpipes or new tail pipes, etc.)

I am fine with the black tips from Ford, as I had custom black tips on my last FX4 and they looked good for years.

Last edited:

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I hate drone on the highway! (as does my wife)

ATAK seems to be the favorite on FRF, but the videos I have heard are really loud. Like, wake up your neighbors loud.

Do you have a sample of the ATAK with the optional resonator? Also, was that all you replaced? (ie. no X-pipe, downpipes or new tail pipes, etc.)

I am fine with the black tips from Ford, as I had custom black tips on my last FX4 and they looked good for years.

I only have a cold start video, there was a member on the fb group who posted a video of his setup and it sounded great.

I also contacted Borla and they mentioned that the Atak with the optional resonator is quieter than the S Type by itself, I got this setup mainly because I did not want the raspiness you hear in a lot of the Atak videos.

I uninstalled the stock resonator & mid section, the Atak replaces the two sections and the optional resonator replaces the Borla x-pipe. I kept the stock tips since the Borla carbon fiber ones are pretty hideous and if I was going black tips the stock ones are fine with me.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Leave the stock exhaust. Do an intake and the atmospheric BOV mod. The key to the ecoboost is to turn up the volume of the turbos, not the engine. If youre feeling froggy, do SPD adapter and downpipes too, Still stock exhaust.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leave the stock exhaust. Do an intake and the atmospheric BOV mod. The key to the ecoboost is to turn up the volume of the turbos, not the engine. If youre feeling froggy, do SPD adapter and downpipes too, Still stock exhaust.

OK, I will bite. What is the atmospheric BOV mod?