AFE intake for 2015 Ecoboost Fit Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muredhawk

Reaction score
Last edited:

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AFE offered a NEW intake for the rapotr. I have pre-ordered it through 5-star tuning and they are (according to AFE) scheduled to ship at the end of april.

Sorry, I can speak on the difference from the '15 fords. It doesnt LOOK like much difference to me, but it seems like AFE is manufacturing a new part, so something must be different somewhere.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the AFE website if you check out all the CAI's available for the new 2.7L/3.5L trucks, they are all pretty similar to the Raptor one. The main difference I can see is a slightly different shroud design on the Raptor one, probably to decrease the chance of splashing shit into the airbox when you offroad and keeping IAT's lower drawing from up by the grill. The even have a "Limited Edition" one for the F-150 that costs $733 for different colors over the $470 one, so these guys aren't above slapping big stickers on stuff with little to no changes....

Couple examples:

Magnum Force Stage 2 - Plastic combined tube - $366
aFe POWER 54-32642-1B Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System | aFe POWER

Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro 5R - Seperate aluminum tubes - $471
aFe POWER 54-12642-1B Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System | aFe POWER

Momentum 5R - Fully enclosed airbox - $471
aFe POWER 54-73112-1 Momentum GT Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System | aFe POWER

Magnum FORCE Stage-2 "Limited Edition" - $733 (WTF?)
aFe POWER 52-12642-1H Magnum FORCE Stage-2 "Limited Edition" Cold Air Intake System | aFe POWER

No guarantee it'll fit but it'd be nice to avoid the Raptor tax with a $838 CAI, I would bet a case of beer they will work going off OP's post. Having balanced and equal length intake tubes isn't going to do shit, this is a turbo engine, so if you want bang for the buck the $366 one would flow the same as the rest, but draw a little warmer air with the open airbox. If you want a sealed airbox for offroading or to get the absolute coldest air from the front of the engine bay, get the Momentum 5R for pretty much half price of the Raptor one. If you want the loudest whistle, I would think the $470 Magnum Force one with aluminum tubes would resonate the most.

Last edited:

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
$900 to your door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oohhh yeah thats better.....lol

why is every company anymore, money grubbing ****** bags that try and rip everyone off. even after research and development(which probably wasnt much since its basically the same as the 2015) they are probably still making a profit selling at $200 or less.

OP
OP
M

Muredhawk

Reaction score
In light of this, I will try to install it tomorrow and give it a go...

900 bucks is steep, but If you can get ahold of an older intake avoiding the raptor tax it would be much easier to swallow...