AFE exhaust!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Best of what's available at the moment in my opinion.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most catbacks on turbos aren't going to net any gain. If you don't remove the restriction at the downpipe, you won't really see any benefit other than sound.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Most catbacks on turbos aren't going to net any gain. If you don't remove the restriction at the downpipe, you won't really see any benefit other than sound.

And if you remove the cat you remove the warranty... I'm not confident in doing that quite yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if you remove the cat you remove the warranty... I'm not confident in doing that quite yet.

You don't need to remove the cats. Most newer OEM cats flow just fine. The issue is the downpipe from the turbos to the cats. Exhaust can only flow as good as its weakest link. Putting a bigger exhaust on from the cats back won't offer any gains since the engine can not push the exhaust through the downpipes any faster. If you want to just change the sound (which is really all a cat back will do), you can change the muffler and get the same results.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
You don't need to remove the cats. Most newer OEM cats flow just fine. The issue is the downpipe from the turbos to the cats. Exhaust can only flow as good as its weakest link. Putting a bigger exhaust on from the cats back won't offer any gains since the engine can not push the exhaust through the downpipes any faster. If you want to just change the sound (which is really all a cat back will do), you can change the muffler and get the same results.

Makes sense... so do you think removing the down pipes would remove the warranty? I was planning on opening that up.