ADD Intercooler and Relo Kit Compared to Whipple Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that it has to do with turbo ecoboost and the intercooler. But what's the best method to deal with it?
Is it an intercooler that up as high as possible?
So way to expell the moisture with a vent to air BOV?
Or is it both?
Or maybe **** injection to help mix with the h2o to help cut the water?
I know I want to prolong the life of the motor and still get everything out of it i can.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a active grill out from of everything which pushes the air around the vehicle for better MPG nothing like the F150 shutter system. :)

we had to remove our active shutters on the Focus ST to install a bigger intercooler as well...

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I upgraded to the Full Race intercooler a while ago. Yes, it’s completely made by full race. ADD just spray paints their logo on it if you buy it through ADD or any of their distributors.

I did some before and after logs to compare the IAT2 temps. The intake air temps through the stock IC goes up while at full throttle. The Full Race IC actually drops temp as more air is pushed through it for a bit.

The stock one is so small compared to the Full Race. So, in my opinion, there is no way that anything that can fit in the stock location will be as effective as the Full Race. I’m guessing that the Whipple might be better than stock, but bet it’s not as good as the Full Race.

As far as cutting up the truck? Yeah, I looked up the part you have to cut, and it’s pretty cheap. Under $100 if I remember correctly. I haven’t noticed any ill-effects of it (a/c still works the same, no higher engine coolant temps).

Graphs are 2,000rpm to 6,000rpm 5th gear full throttle runs. Blue line is stock IAT and green line is IAT with Full Race IC.

Attachments

• 21C9D438-97BE-4E1C-875E-2A32272FE831.jpg
    21C9D438-97BE-4E1C-875E-2A32272FE831.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 63

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagner intercooler stays low in stock location. It is larger than stock intercooler, and performs VERY well. However, I think it is worth nothing that it is a tube and fin design. Both the Whipple and the Full Race intercoolers use a bar and plate design. Google that shit to determine which is best for your application.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Since the Wagner location is low (like stock), it will have opportunity to allow built up moisture to accumulate. The other companies raise up the intercooler to keep it from doing that.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So I upgraded to the Full Race intercooler a while ago. Yes, it’s completely made by full race. ADD just spray paints their logo on it if you buy it through ADD or any of their distributors.

I did some before and after logs to compare the IAT2 temps. The intake air temps through the stock IC goes up while at full throttle. The Full Race IC actually drops temp as more air is pushed through it for a bit.

The stock one is so small compared to the Full Race. So, in my opinion, there is no way that anything that can fit in the stock location will be as effective as the Full Race. I’m guessing that the Whipple might be better than stock, but bet it’s not as good as the Full Race.

As far as cutting up the truck? Yeah, I looked up the part you have to cut, and it’s pretty cheap. Under $100 if I remember correctly. I haven’t noticed any ill-effects of it (a/c still works the same, no higher engine coolant temps).

Graphs are 2,000rpm to 6,000rpm 5th gear full throttle runs. Blue line is stock IAT and green line is IAT with Full Race IC.

So the intercooler listed on their site Here. fits just fine?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much! That's the info I was looking for. Real world testing.
So did you stay with the stock BOV?
Do y'all think it makes a different between the raw or black intercooler?