ADD Intercooler and Relo Kit Compared to Whipple Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure for Baja and fast work the heat is fine. My concern would be that slow tow up a hill with a lot of weight. Those turbos are also water cooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anything bigger than the OEM cooler will help tremendously... it's all about surface area to volume and of course airflow :)

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post! I have been wondering the same thing. I was under the impression ADD and full race were pretty much the same intercooler. Is this true. I have been seeing more and more intercoolers on the market.

I spoke to MPT and they had high regards for the Wagner intercooler but didn't say what the best intercooler was. There are too many variables. They sell several of the listed intercoolers and are probably hesitant to say.

2017 Ford Raptor 3.5L V6 Ecoboost Wagner Competition Intercooler 200001119 | MPT Performance

I believe I saw a Mishimoto intercooler some where that looked similar to the whipple.
Hope to hear from some one that has actual experience with these.

OP
OP
R

Rockafella

Reaction score
So the full race intercooler is the same one offered in the ADD relocation kit. Good to have that verified.

Seeing as I currently am leaning toward the ADD pro bumper - which requires a relocated intercooler - it's good to know that their option is also a serious performance upgrade as well as making it possible to run the sleekest bumpers on the market.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is there a price difference? Full Race with Black Friday discount is $1259 and ADD is $1659.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the full race intercooler is the same one offered in the ADD relocation kit. Good to have that verified.

Seeing as I currently am leaning toward the ADD pro bumper - which requires a relocated intercooler - it's good to know that their option is also a serious performance upgrade as well as making it possible to run the sleekest bumpers on the market.

Have you seen the OG frame cut bumper by @svc?

44992e4edf1b73bc50d0f2be6a0cc93e.jpg

Going all Jake17 up in here with this picture!

OP
OP
R

Rockafella

Reaction score
Have you seen the OG frame cut bumper by @svc?

44992e4edf1b73bc50d0f2be6a0cc93e.jpg

Going all Jake17 up in here with this picture!

I have and I loved the SVC bumpers I had on my gen1. I’d also like to keep a light bar there as well like my gen1 had w/ the SVC Baja bumper on the front. It looks like the only way to get that clean design w/ a light bar on a gen2 is to go ADD.

d7158bf4bb88a8c484e3c316f0167420.jpgbe52c0e468765a666cc2ab1a1b1a1c18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk