7.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford went into the Gen1 Raptor expecting to lose money (dig into the archives for the Ford rep threads if you don't believe me) so whatever R&D went into the Gen2 didn't start until after they realized they had a winner.

Also, it isn't like Ford created a teleportation device, turbo's aren't new, v6s aren't new, aluminum isn't new, tires aren't new, buttons aren't new, etc... They updated the block based on existing tech, used better components, improved cam profiles, ported the heads and worked on the tune. The ORM / Transfer case wizardry was taken from Range Rover so they didn't have to do much there either.

I would bet the profit margin on the Gen2 is larger than the Gen1 because they weren't starting from scratch with respect to concept AND they already had a ton of data from all the Baja testing / racing and forum feedback - they do read this forum by the way.

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
>>>>Oh so that was you sitting in the corner staring all creepy during happy hour in the hotel bar? <<<<

and who was at the other end of the chain he was holding.?. even creepier.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy hit the nail on the head (market pressure), otherwise the ecoboost is here to stay unfortunately. That said, there's rumors that Ford is thinking about a Super Duty Raptor to compete w/ the Power Wagon and I could see the 7.0 making it there.