7.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....well...

I heard they were going to do a supercharged 5.2 voodoo pushing 823hp and 785lb-ft of torque. Along with 37's and a 5-link rear.

I heard that from a very reliable source and you should trust me because I'm a ford technician

will the 5 link help my 1/4 mile and 0-60 times?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah....well...

I heard they were going to do a supercharged 5.2 voodoo pushing 823hp and 785lb-ft of torque. Along with 37's and a 5-link rear.

I heard that from a very reliable source and you should trust me because I'm a ford technician

I can confirm what you heard because I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :ROFLJest:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bet when I bought my '17 Raptor, Ford's balance sheet still had red brackets around the second generation Raptor.

I'm not so sure about that. On a specialty model like the Raptor, Ford's gross profit margin would be at least 20%, possibly a good bit more.

Rough math: $55,000 average selling price x 20% gross profit margin x 15,000 units = $165 million. That pays for a lot of R&D.

And I think my numbers are conservative.

Market pressure

I agree with this point. There is no reason for Ford to upgrade the engine right now. The Raptor continues to have no competition whatsoever and it is selling well.

If Dodge did bring the TRX to market in anything close to its concept form, Ford would be forced to answer it. Not because the Dodge would be any real competition for Ford (even if the truck was "better", they wouldn't sell very many of them... because Dodge) but the Raptor is a halo vehicle, so it needs to be the "best in class".

My next truck will have the 7.0, regardless. In a Raptor if they actually do make it happen or a Super Duty if they don't. I think it would be awesome to go full on bro-dozer with a SD 7.0. Hopefully Whipple will make a 4.0 or 4.5 liter kit for it.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shit man, I'm sorry, if I'd have known that I'd have invited you over for a beer. Does Sasquatch's savagery know no bounds?

No worries the weep hole in my skull will heal up as soon as I take delivery of that 800HP v-12 Raptor that sounds like a Ferrari....in 2019.