GEN 2 44HP+ Mod?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
44 bhp?
I'll believe it when I see dyno sheets from an independent source.

Years ago Hennessy made similar claims but they couldn't produce proof. They had problems with their dyno, then they had dyno scheduling problems, then they just delayed and obfuscated. Then they complained to the administrators of the forum this happened on, and they had me permanently ejected from the forum. All because I wanted them to demonstrate that their claims had some validity.

I'm not saying that the one company is anything like the other, I'm reminding that the buyer should beware unsubstantiated claims. If I believed that shit I'd be wheeling my privates around in a wheelbarrow.

I will produce dynos for you. I've already talked to my buddies. Don't worry guys I'll be cautious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CAI system looks pretty sweet...pricey, but a good-looking setup. Will look good in the engine bay.
aFe 2017-2018 Raptor 3.5L SVT Momentum GT Pro 5R Cold Air Intake 54-73115

That website also shows 2 different exhaust systems one from AFE and one from Magnaflow...hopefully someone posts a sound clip from one of these to see if there's any improvement over stock...the mufflers look a whole lot smaller than the stock one.

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5psi to get 40-60whp seems pretty weak. I was thinking that you would get that with a few psi and a little more timing, might have to run higher octane than 87 tho. ;)

According to JMS...

They get 5 psi of boost out of their boostmax.

40-60 wheel horsepower is going to be true.

The only thing that is a little deceiving and would be better with a custom tune is the boost increase is not uniform across the RPM range. In other words, you feel the power difference in that 3500+ RPM range. With a custom tune they are able to get more performance across the whole power band.

For my purposes though, for the price, and to not flash the ECU it's worth it.

It does have an adjustable boost knob.

The pedal max does what it claims but the truth is it mostly just takes the slop out of the pedal. It has some drawbacks as you lose fine control over the power spread. Like... if it's raining and you're in 2 wheel drive... you'll inadvertently spin the rear end out. Same for snow. It would not be ideal for off-road but you have a knob to turn it down or off.

Guy

3rdRaptor

Reaction score
Is it real?

Saw this today on FB. Definitely a better deal than that 50HP Hennessey crap for $3k

aFe 2017-2018 Raptor 3.5L SVT Scorcher GT Module Turbo Boost 77-43023

Sorry for the dumb question, but does a $120 part really increase HP by 44..??

If so, that's quite an improvement. Anybody know if this $120 turbo booster would add fuel economy, reduce fuel economy, assuming I continue to drive the exact same.

I'm thinking of getting the turbo booster $120 and the AFE INTAKE $523.
Any technicians or mechanics have any thoughts? Thank you!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Sorry for the dumb question, but does a $120 part really increase HP by 44..??

If so, that's quite an improvement. Anybody know if this $120 turbo booster would add fuel economy, reduce fuel economy, assuming I continue to drive the exact same.

I'm thinking of getting the turbo booster $120 and the AFE INTAKE $523.
Any technicians or mechanics have any thoughts? Thank you!

No idea, I was merely passing it along for GEN2 owners. And it's not $120 but $523.95 for the device. Looks like the CAI is $499

3rdRaptor

Reaction score
SPD Performance High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapter

No idea, I was merely passing it along for GEN2 owners. And it's not $120 but $523.95 for the device. Looks like the CAI is $499

I may have asked the question wrong. I was curious on the SPD Performance High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapter. I believe it is $120 and a claimed 44hp increase.

The AFE Intake for around $500 was something that looked appealing also.

I was hoping to find some specific information on theses items and their claims.

Thank you,
Scott

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have asked the question wrong. I was curious on the SPD Performance High Flow Turbo Exhaust Adapter. I believe it is $120 and a claimed 44hp increase.

I was hoping to find some specific information on theses items and their claims.

Thank you,

Scott

The guys at SPD are very cool and I recommend giving them a call or messaging them on Facebook. I do believe a nice increase will be seen with it.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you,
Scott

pretty much any true performance bolt on for force inducted vehicles will have increased numbers compared to naturally aspirated vehicles. so the adapter might should ad hp, those exact number, i wouldnt know.

essentially this device that op posted is pretty much a very simple plug and play boost controller. increases boost for more hp. from what i gathered and that was just by looking at the page no reading involved lol.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
how good is the MAP sensor on the GEN2? I know for SHO/Flex they have to swap the 2BAR to 3BAR sensor