GEN 2 44HP+ Mod?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boost

According to JMS...

They get 5 psi of boost out of their boostmax.
40-60 wheel horsepower is going to be true.

The only thing that is a little deceiving and would be better with a custom tune is the boost increase is not uniform across the RPM range. In other words, you feel the power difference in that 3500+ RPM range. With a custom tune they are able to get more performance across the whole power band.
For my purposes though, for the price, and to not flash the ECU it's worth it.

It does have an adjustable boost knob.

The pedal max does what it claims but the truth is it mostly just takes the slop out of the pedal. It has some drawbacks as you lose fine control over the power spread. Like... if it's raining and you're in 2 wheel drive... you'll inadvertently spin the rear end out. Same for snow. It would not be ideal for off-road but you have a knob to turn it down or off.

Guy

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gunna be their tester for the exhaust, intake, and scorcher module. I'll let you guys know results and details when they become available and I get my hands on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, I also placed my order for the Scorcher, CAI and Rebel Series exhaust....we'll see when I get it.

NJStangersJonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to them; intakes end of April, Scorcher and Exhaust systems beginning of March. Lmk if anyone has anymore questions, feel free to pm me.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we will start to see the limits of the head gaskets and what other parts start to fail as these folks generously donate their engines for testing.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assuming I was slapping on bigger turbos and 15 pounds of boost yes.. but that's not the case here bud. These motors can handle more than a couple pounds extra easily.

Absolutely, we are talking about pretty mild stuff here.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming I was slapping on bigger turbos and 15 pounds of boost yes.. but that's not the case here bud. These motors can handle more than a couple pounds extra easily.

Unless I missed something, this thread was not about you or your choices, but hopefully everything works out with your mods!

My comment is general - as with any new platform, there are guys chomping at the bit to be beta testers for any number of tuners (multiple brands have been discussed in this thread) and products. Invariably, aftermarket parts and tunes find the weak spots in platforms...it's going to be interesting to watch.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Unless I missed something, this thread was not about you or your choices, but hopefully everything works out with your mods!

My comment is general - as with any new platform, there are guys chomping at the bit to be beta testers for any number of tuners (multiple brands have been discussed in this thread) and products. Invariably, aftermarket parts and tunes find the weak spots in platforms...it's going to be interesting to watch.

Oh ok glad we cleared that up

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
44 bhp?
I'll believe it when I see dyno sheets from an independent source.

Years ago Hennessy made similar claims but they couldn't produce proof. They had problems with their dyno, then they had dyno scheduling problems, then they just delayed and obfuscated. Then they complained to the administrators of the forum this happened on, and they had me permanently ejected from the forum. All because I wanted them to demonstrate that their claims had some validity.

I'm not saying that the one company is anything like the other, I'm reminding that the buyer should beware unsubstantiated claims. If I believed that shit I'd be wheeling my privates around in a wheelbarrow.

Last edited: