GEN 2 44HP+ Mod?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this today on FB. Definitely a better deal than that 50HP Hennessey crap for $3k

aFe 2017-2018 Raptor 3.5L SVT Scorcher GT Module Turbo Boost 77-43023
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I normally post on the other raptor forums.

I am guessing this works similarly to the JMS boostmax. I'm guessing its the same idea.

I installed the JMS boostmax and the JMS pedal max about a week ago. They absolutely work. The boostmax was a VERY noticible increase. Especially big gains over 70mph.

The JMS product is much cheaper, but with the pedal max it costs more.

Just my two cents. The afe product im sure does what it claims.

JonasAtLethal

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I normally post on the other raptor forums.

I am guessing this works similarly to the JMS boostmax. I'm guessing its the same idea.

I installed the JMS boostmax and the JMS pedal max about a week ago. They absolutely work. The boostmax was a VERY noticible increase. Especially big gains over 70mph.

The JMS product is much cheaper, but with the pedal max it costs more.

Just my two cents. The afe product im sure does what it claims.

Yeah I've got a JMS BoostMax on the way also, that AFE unit looks pretty sweet though.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know exactly how it works? Does it attenuate the MAP sensor reading by a psi or 2?

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know exactly how it works? Does it attenuate the MAP sensor reading by a psi or 2?

according to their documentation, it plugs into both the MAP, TIP and PPS sensors, compares the readings between MAP and TIP (PPS activates) and adjusts them to manage boost calculations.

in the end, these boost "foolers" all generally work the same, they knock the readings down to fool the computer into holding the wastegate closed longer to allow higher boost. how well they manage it depending on throttle and rpm is what can set them apart. i think the JMS one you can turn up and down to give your more or less boost.

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to their documentation, it plugs into both the MAP, TIP and PPS sensors, compares the readings between MAP and TIP (PPS activates) and adjusts them to manage boost calculations.

in the end, these boost "foolers" all generally work the same, they knock the readings down to fool the computer into holding the wastegate closed longer to allow higher boost. how well they manage it depending on throttle and rpm is what can set them apart. i think the JMS one you can turn up and down to give your more or less boost.

It looks like the AFE also has the ability to be adjusted but they use sport, sport+ & race. I would assume that those are different levels of boost. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk