3.5 Ecoboost Internals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cruising through this section and stumbled across the one about Switzer Performance, just WOW.

When I read about the availability of GT turbos that bolt into the Raptor and take a hard look at the size of the exhaust system it all became VERY clear to me.

What I am curious about is how the 3.5 looks on the inside? Is the Raptor 3.5 the same as any other 2017, same as the GT? Do we have specs on whether it has six bolt mains, forged internals, etc? If so I truly see 600 reliable HP in this thing.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory forged and FORGED aren't always the same. I think hoping the Raptor internals are the same as a 400k super car is problematic especially given Ford lied about the 6.2 and it was only shared with other F150s and Super Duties.

I don't see why ~700bhp wouldn't be achievable but that won't be on just pump gas.

We don't have to speculate WRT to power, we know (at least I do) that there are ecoboosts that have put out 700 at the crank (720ish if I remember correctly) but that was on e85 (custom dual injection but stock internal gen 1 eco). Danzio has a 830hp eco it sells for desert racing but that is also on race gas.

In short, I don't think the issue will be internal components since they should be better than gen1 eco's. The issue will be pump gas.

edit:

Also - the GT is 2900lbs, 2wd and runs on asphalt. Even IF (big IF) the engines were exactly the same, the load factors are different and what would survive in the GT would not survive in a 5,500lb 4wd truck in the dirt.

Last edited: