2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
What I heard was its not year 2018 but 2081 and its going to be a Hover Raptor

I believe you have your years mixed up my friend. By 2081 we will all be dead by one if not all of the following: super sized sodas, inanimate objects also known as guns, the Confederate flag, or the emissions off our V8's...look at this guy over here thinking we will all be around by 2081 :ROFLJest: haha classic! :favorites13:

TonyTee

Reaction score
I don't think it's gonna happen. Think about it...if the 5.0 Eco was in the works...why didn't they go with that power plant in the Ford GT? Surely the bigger cubes with the TT would be a better application for a 400k supercar. You would think. Ford has invested allot of time and money with the 3.5 Eco.

I think allot of people will conform to the new Raptor....when it walks away from the old Raptor in every way. It's just a matter of progress.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think it's gonna happen. Think about it...if the 5.0 Eco was in the works...why didn't they go with that power plant in the Ford GT? Surely the bigger cubes with the TT would be a better application for a 400k supercar. You would think. Ford has invested allot of time and money with the 3.5 Eco.

I think allot of people will conform to the new Raptor....when it walks away from the old Raptor in every way. It's just a matter of progress.

I mentioned this before and I never double checked my accuracy but I'm pretty sure the v6 is in the GT so they can compete in Le Mans.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I mentioned this before and I never double checked my accuracy but I'm pretty sure the v6 is in the GT so they can compete in Le Mans.

That's correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 5.0 EB makes an appearance soon.

TonyTee

Reaction score
That's correct.

I wouldn't be surprised if a 5.0 EB makes an appearance soon.

We can only hope...

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

That could be true...but, they could have used that power plant for the street version. Ala Corvette Z06.:mwah1:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Head mechanic at Ford the other day was talking about a 5.2 V8 Eco Boost??? Never know with them though.

I asked the head mechanic at my local Ford what he thought about the new Raptor about 2.5 months ago and he said "They are making a new one?". So yeah, take what low level Ford employees say with a grain of salt.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I asked the head mechanic at my local Ford what he thought about the new Raptor about 2.5 months ago and he said "They are making a new one?". So yeah, take what low level Ford employees say with a grain of salt.

Yeah i'm not an idiot, dealers often know their head from their ass which is why the disclaimer was added.