2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The V8 rumor is enough to make a person sit back and wait, rather than jumping into a 17.
History might repeat itself, ie 2010 Raptor 5.4<6.2.

Ive wanted a Raptor since 2010. When I was finally financially able to afford one in 2013 looking at a 2014 my wife decided to go back to school so my funds have been put into paying for pharmacy school over a new truck. Her school will be paid off in late 2016 just in time for the 2017 Raptor which Im dying to get. Ive waited this long I dont know if I could wait another year to see if there is a v8 option. Worse comes to worse Ill just sell the 2017 for the 2018 if it does in fact have a v8 option (which I highly doubt).

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive wanted a Raptor since 2010. When I was finally financially able to afford one in 2013 looking at a 2014 my wife decided to go back to school so my funds have been put into paying for pharmacy school over a new truck. Her school will be paid off in late 2016 just in time for the 2017 Raptor which Im dying to get. Ive waited this long I dont know if I could wait another year to see if there is a v8 option. Worse comes to worse Ill just sell the 2017 for the 2018 if it does in fact have a v8 option (which I highly doubt).

Cool story.. Live your dream in a '17

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like people talking about getting a 2017 Raptor are irrelevant since they are over a year away. Maybe once order banks open it will change, but for now it just sounds like I can't afford the current one so I will wait a year or more cause that will change things. Then in the same breathe after waiting cause the EcoBoost is so much better, they will trade in for a V8 in 17 if that happens LOL at this place sometimes.

Why not buy now and trade in when the new comes out, what the F is the difference.

Last edited: