Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

2018 Lobo Import Raptor losing coolant

This is a discussion on 2018 Lobo Import Raptor losing coolant within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Hi there ! I need help here in Germany, we just picked up our new 2018 Raptor imported from Mexiko. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Robtor310
  • 3 Post By smurfslayer
  • 1 Post By wjn
  • 2 Post By SilverBolt
  • 4 Post By smurfslayer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default 2018 Lobo Import Raptor losing coolant
Hi there ! I need help here in Germany, we just picked up our new 2018 Raptor imported from Mexiko. This special car is not available for the European market and we have no Raptor experts here...therefore I need you.

Having a coolant issue after driving 500 miles, the coolant tank was almost empty. Refilled and driven not so much but I have the feeling it is losing again coolant fluid. I saw today at the downpipe connection to main pipe some yellowish drips (no taste)...I am wondering if i am losing coolant via head or turbocharger? Is the orange coolant turning yellow when burned?

Also during ecceleration it seams to have missfire/swallows....Any idea from Raptor experts for me?

Sorry for my english....

timbozyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Option 1: Let the truck run parked for a while. Get it nice and warm. After some thermostat cycles, maybe a few healthy gas blips, you should show a leak or drip, steam, or something somewhere. If not then it may be losing through the motor.

Option 2: Any for dealer should also be able to diagnose. The Raptors cooling system is not unique. Basic 3.5 F-150 cooling system.

Note: Be careful when messing with a hot cooling system under pressure. Anything can happen.
timbozyd likes this.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

+1 @Robtor310

We’ve had some users who had loose clamps from the factory. Any Ford dealer should be able to handle this one.
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
wjn

New 2018 / 500mls is warranty (Gewährleistung), take it back to the dealer who sold it to you. They should solve the problem.

@Robtor310 & @smurfslayer
Unfortunately there are no (official) Ford dealers in EU who maintain F-150 (or whatever F-series truck), because Ford Europe does not import them. They do not have the necessary tools too.
timbozyd likes this.
wjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hired Gun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

X2 on the hose clamps. Look for loose clamps.
Robtor310 and timbozyd like this.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Do you mean the coolant overflow tank is almost empty, or the radiator is almost empty?

downpipes connection to main pipe - can you post pictures of where you see the fluid?

You can try coating some of the suspected area with baby powder, talcum powder or similar. It will show where fluid is dripping on to it.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by smurfslayer View Post
Do you mean the coolant overflow tank is almost empty, or the radiator is almost empty?

downpipes connection to main pipe - can you post pictures of where you see the fluid?

You can try coating some of the suspected area with baby powder, talcum powder or similar. It will show where fluid is dripping on to it.
I will do some pictures of the downpipe link to the main pipe...dripping yellowish water...our import dealer is 350 miles away, but hopefully I found one here who is familiar with US cars and trucks...no smoke out of the exhaust....baby powder is a good idea I have enough of that ...having 3 child seats in the truck :))))
timbozyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If not local you can perhaps try this dealer in the Netherlands. (Found on google. SHOCKING to see the Euro price of the Raptor!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
FRF Addict

if you think that is shocking, you should try to imagine the fuel cost for the Raptor. Last I recall it was around $8.00 for 4 liters. So basically 2-3 x the cost for fuel. With a 36 gallon tanks, that’s...

well, let’s hope the fuel stations offer easy financing terms.