GEN 2 2017 Raptor And Camaro ZL1 Use Same Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
FP Forged

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2017 Camero ZL1 is making 640hp and 640ft-lbs tq so with some tweaking 700+hp isnt out of the question. If the new transmission can handle that Im sure itll handle whatever the needs of the Gen 2 Raptor are.

I agree. I just know the 5th GEN ZL1 shop car we had ran into converter issues with a few mods and sticky tires. Hopefully some thorough R&D went into this one.

Last edited:

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I don't recall if I have seen anything on the new 10-speed auto... only the '17 Raptor will have it or is it being rolled out to other models?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't recall if I have seen anything on the new 10-speed auto... only the '17 Raptor will have it or is it being rolled out to other models?

"GM says it will be in eight models by 2018. You can bet that includes the Silverado, Tahoe, and Escalade, as well as rear-wheel-drive cars like the Corvette and CTS. At Ford, look for it in regular F-150s as well as the next Lincoln Navigator and the next Mustang."

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, since it was jointly developed, maybe GM will use it in a Reaper(ish) that's V8 powered. Then all the Gen2 V6 Raptor haters can go get their V8 jollies there.
Bye, now. Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, since it was jointly developed, maybe GM will use it in a Reaper(ish) that's V8 powered. Then all the Gen2 V6 Raptor haters can go get their V8 jollies there.
Bye, now. Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.

This shit is ridiculous. If someone doesn't like what you like, they need to leave? That is some straight up Z forum *********. I guess I had to expect this crap, remember the 6.2 is better than the 5.4 or the Supercrew wouldn't sale crap? It's been 6 years and people are still acting like babies, grow up already.

The DRis

Reaction score
I guess I should say that I'm happy that Ford is using a GM transmission. I have an '03 SCREW F150 that had complete planetary gear failure at only 68K miles. I didn't have extended warranty as I bought the truck used from a private party. Lucky for me though my boss at the time was best friends with a head Ford mechanic. I got a brand new transmission for $750 out the door. Other than that my truck has been pretty reliable.