2017 Raptor Boost (PSI) and boost gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Screw ordered and I have been wondering about boost and boost gauges. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else previously.

- Does anyone know the factory stock PSI output from these twins?
- Does anyone know if Ford will supply a digital boost gauge for the Gen2?

I currently own a 2014 GT500. Knowing your boost pressure with a supercharged engine is very important, and its important for a twin turbo charged setup as well. Its important on any forced induction setup really. From what I can tell it doesn't seem like Ford supplies or makes easily available boost pressure expectations or a PSI gauge when the engine is Eco Boost. I am curious why that is the case. If my assumption is true and Ford doesn't provide these numbers generally and doesn't supply a gauge in the vehicle it almost makes it seem like the PSI is not a factor in the engine, which obviously it is.

I was looking inside of a Gen 2 at the Texas State Fair Sunday. They had a Screw same color and setup as what I have ordered. It was nice to get a real world view of the exact truck I ordered blindly without seeing or driving it. There is no manual PSI gauge that I could see in the dash area. I know you can likely add a manual gauge aftermarket and that is cool. I just wanted to know what the factory PSI is supposed to be, if Ford added a gauge, and why its not a topic that is discussed more often. If you look at any other FI platform outside of Ecoboost PSI is one of the main topics.

Im sure there is something I am missing or have overlooked. Sorry if anyone has to repeat a previous answer here. Please dont scold my post to heavily.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Screw ordered and I have been wondering about boost and boost gauges. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else previously.

- Does anyone know the factory stock PSI output from these twins?
- Does anyone know if Ford will supply a digital boost gauge for the Gen2?

I currently own a 2014 GT500. Knowing your boost pressure with a supercharged engine is very important, and its important for a twin turbo charged setup as well. Its important on any forced induction setup really. From what I can tell it doesn't seem like Ford supplies or makes easily available boost pressure expectations or a PSI gauge when the engine is Eco Boost. I am curious why that is the case. If my assumption is true and Ford doesn't provide these numbers generally and doesn't supply a gauge in the vehicle it almost makes it seem like the PSI is not a factor in the engine, which obviously it is.

I was looking inside of a Gen 2 at the Texas State Fair Sunday. They had a Screw same color and setup as what I have ordered. It was nice to get a real world view of the exact truck I ordered blindly without seeing or driving it. There is no manual PSI gauge that I could see in the dash area. I know you can likely add a manual gauge aftermarket and that is cool. I just wanted to know what the factory PSI is supposed to be, if Ford added a gauge, and why its not a topic that is discussed more often. If you look at any other FI platform outside of Ecoboost PSI is one of the main topics.

Im sure there is something I am missing or have overlooked. Sorry if anyone has to repeat a previous answer here. Please dont scold my post to heavily.

There is a digital boost gauge shown on the vehicle information screen that you can pick from the menus.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? I must have missed seeing that. Got any pics or link to see it? Thanks!~

I just read a post about a 2016 Lariat F150 owner saying he had a digital boost gauge. Maybe the new Ecoboost F150s all have them.

Anyone know what the stock boost will be on the 2017 Raptor? I assume it hasnt been released. Really surprised nobody seems to ever ask that question. I know its a truck and not a race car, but when the Gt500, Z06, GTR (Not many high output FI trucks get created except Turbo diesel really)) or anything else that is FI is released everyone is asking what the PSI will be. I never see that asked about this truck. To produce 510 pound feet of torque I think the boost must be 15 - 16 PSI, maybe higher. Would love to know for sure.

WOuld also be interested to hear what the limits of these specific turbo chargers is when it comes to boost. There is a ceiling on what psi they can create safely on 93 octane. Just not sure what that is.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? I must have missed seeing that. Got any pics or link to see it? Thanks!~

ximm

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe all Ecoboost F150's since 2015 have had a digital boost gauge providing they have the bigger instrument cluster information screen.

Gen 1 Ecoboost's were around 13-14psi on stock tune. Custom tunes would put them between 18-20.

In this video, the engineer says the Raptor Ecoboost has different pistons, compressor wheels, lower compression ratio so they can increase the boost, and stainless exhaust manifolds when compared to the normal 2017 Ecoboost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XVQ6-dCtI

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16 psi is what I read or heard somewhere. I don't recall the source though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20psirabbit

Reaction score
For the most part I'd say it's pretty rare for cars to have a boost gauge oem. It happens here and there, but most I've been in don't have any sort of numbered informational boost reference. I think at this point in the game the boost systems have all been tested to make sure the piping will stay together and whatnot, if they fail you'll get a CEL and go from there.