2017 Ford Raptor tune dealer soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryweathers

Reaction score
Your modded truck beats your stock truck and it's embarrassing?

Really?

That's a pretty ridiculous comparison to me.

2015 is 365hp & 420tq stock only mod was a tune estimated at 50HP which would net ball park 415/470 ish.

Sure thought the 17 with 450 / 510, 10 speed, & 4:10 gears would out run it out of the box. It will be badass with a tune but not so much yet.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The XTL is 1000 lbs. lighter and running 31.6' tall tires. Plus I'm pretty sure you running the 3:73 rear which is not a big difference to the 4:10

Put a 1000 lbs. in the XTL and run 35" tires and see what will happen.

Was gong to say the same thing.

well almost.

3rdRaptor

Reaction score
Sounds good!

GOOD NEWS!! I called FP this am 12/16/2016 and was informed that they are working on a tune that can be bought/installed by dealer for the 2017 Raptor. The rep said "the tune will be available very soon, not later."

How do I get information on this? What is it called if I called my Ford Dealer?

Thank you,

Scott

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aww come on man...

I think his point is that a tune on a regular ecoboost can outrun a raptor with 450 ponies from the factory so imagine what the raptor will do with a tune....

But... why wait? The JMS boostmax that I purchased turned my raptor into a fire breathing dragon. AFE scorcher will do the same thing.

There are some exhaust options already and a drop in filter is 50 bucks.

At this point in time it's doable to get her over 500 horsepower and over 550lb ft of torque.

If you want 600 horsepower I think it's going to take some work.

Just my thoughts

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry I just don't get it, that these pedal ramp up kits add HP.
All it's doing is telling the PCM that when you step on the pedal 10℅ it will tell the PCM it's at 12, 15, or even 20℅ depending on the setting you choose.
Will your truck feel snappier, yes. But add HP. I would need independent dyno results.

Don't misunderstand me, the Raptor needs the pedal boost Ford, Jeep, and Dodge dummy up the throttle response badly.

Changing the air filter without a Tune, same thing, truck may feel better but HP, maybe????
Don't forget it's completely controlled by the PCM.

Again it's all about weight and tire size.

Last edited: