GEN 2 2017 Ford Raptor 3.5L High Output Exhaust Systems Sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
thanks Toadster for sharing FP exhaust options.
I have spent a lot of labor and money on different combinations to come up with the sound that I like. Being that I am a welder and my buddy has an Exhaust shop. I can afford to just buy mufflers that are free flowing and experiment to get the sound I want. I ended up going back to the stock Resonator. It is 11'' long, the twin tubing is 2 3/4'' and are only perforated 1/2 the length of the Resonator (approx 5 1/2'') the other 5 1/2'' is smooth wall tubing. I tried High-performance single muffler, but the sound was not what I wanted. My final set up is 2 3/4'' tubing to the Resonator and then 3'' tubing to the Tip. I went with the 2- 3in/3out 4'' round Magnaflow high-performance sst mufflers.
Love the bass sound during normal driving 1.5k to 3k rpm. But once you crack the 3.5k rpm and up it comes alive.
I am sure that I have gotten the max flow for the Turbo with the sound that I personally like. It really comes down to what you like! Some may like the wide open sound, but for me, it was just too loud for normal driving.
Parts cost: $120 for 3'' tubing, $200 for 2- 3in/3out 4'' round Magnaflow SST mufflers. The stock exhaust has a Vibration damper on it, I cut it off and welded it back on the pipe closest to the passenger door. You will notice that there is one about 9'' from the driver side rear Tip. I left it on.
I am very pleased with my 2017 Raptor. I haven't had any issues. Just got the Oil changed. Ford dealer didn't want to change it at 3,000 mi., but I had them do it anyway. I didn't want to wait until 5k mi.
Now just waiting for Tunes to be released.

Sounds like a sweet setup, how 'bout some vids??

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good stuff

I'm pretty sure I read this elsewhere - Borla actually makes the Ford Performance ones, right?

If so, is Borla really making a 3" on their own vs 2.5" via Ford?

it seems it may take some visuals (or a phone call) to check it out

from the Ford Performance site:

• Fits 2017 F-150 Raptor with a 145-inch wheelbase
  • Aggressive sound is 50-state drive-by noise legal
  • Uniquely designed and tuned with two 3” passive exhaust valves to provide optimum performance, aggressive sound, durability and pure driving excitement
  • Made from high-quality 304 stainless steel
  • Features 2.75” exhaust pipe with ultra-smooth mandrel bends, warp-free flanges and superior craftsmanship
  • Dual rear exit with 4.5” Carbon Fiber exhaust tips with printed Ford logo
  • Does not require removal of spare tire
  • NOTE: 133-inch wheelbase Raptor requires M-5248-F15R133 Mid-Pipe

curious to see the 3" passive exhaust valves...