You order a truck & the dealership allows others to test drive YOUR truck. WWYD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had 57 miles on it, I ended up putting half of those since they gave it to me for the afternoon to decide if I wanted it. Typically the dealer I work with will give me the vehicle for an afternoon or so to decide.

I remember the first time a dealer let me take a vehicle unsupervised. It was a Cadillac CTS-V. I felt like I had hit one of life’s milestones.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I actually got serious about purchasing a Raptor, I went to the dealership where I had previously purchased a vehicle and spoke with my salesman. The dealership is a small dealership which at the time, had no allocations left and was not certain whether it could get another allocation to order me a Raptor, but still had no problem letting me test drive the Race Red Raptor on the lot which, at that time, had 76 miles on it.

The following week, they spoke to their district rep, and found they could order the Raptor I wanted, so I placed my order. My salesman took pictures of my truck still dirty and fresh off the truck and sent them to me the morning it came in, and I picked it up that afternoon. My truck had 26 miles on it when i first saw it. I know my salesman drove it to the gas station and it got transferred from train to truck during shipping and arrived at the dealership exactly 11 days after the build date. I really have no idea where the additional miles came from or if that is a little or a lot, and I don't really care because I love my truck so far.

Levrac68

Reaction score
18 miles on mine when I picked it up. I've had a few new cars in my life and almost all had over 10 miles on them. None had over 18 though.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sales guy took a pics as it rolled off the carrier to tell me it arrived, I saw the mileage was at 46 or something, I assume that was Ford QA and when I picked it up it had 51 IIRC. whatever the numbers, there was a few of miles added at the dealer. I just chalked it up to them prepping the vehicle and taking it for a spin to make sure all was well.

In the end, IDGAF, it's a few miles.

dizzydog

Reaction score
Just bought mine about a month a go. Paid a few grand UNDER MSRP.

Reason: It had 400 miles on it.

I don't really care too much. HOWEVER if I would have been one of these people that paid a $7-15k "market adjustment" I probably would have lost my shit if when I picked it up it had more than 10 miles on it.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
36 miles on mine and it was special ordered, not one from the lot. Not a big deal for me but I suppose someone could have test driven it.

JimmieMathews

Reaction score
Test driving a raptor?

That shouldn't ever happen in a Raptor. This is a rare specialty vehicle for which you are paying a premium over-sticker price. It's normal to have 10 miles or less on it. Our storage lot is 4.2 miles away. Most vehicles are delivered and processed there. My buddy let a customer test drive one - he was new and didn't know. He got pulled into the office and was about to get reamed when he told them his customer was buying it. He was then told to not do it again. It's a big deal if you even start one, or a Shelby for that matter.